I don't know if its justified if i were to go out on a limb and say the rates were expensive for what you are getting.
we chose this hotel mainly because of its availability of its quadruple room.. the things we sacrificed for were the proximity to the city centre and amenities taht otherwise in other towns would have cost us the same price.
1. it couldve been my mistake for making a booking online through booking.com and unfortunately missed the word "budget" room. we took a quadruple room. the room did not come with attached bathroom which were a big problem for my parents who were not used to it.
2. you HAVE to make a booking everytime u wanted to take the "shuttle" bus. To me, a shuttle bus should run on fixed schedules instead of having to be "called and reserved on". and that was a real trouble because my family had to bear roaming charges everytime we wanted to use the shuttle bus.
3. on the 2nd night we paid extra to get two separate non budget rooms and we had the most magnificent view of the mountains lake and snow. we were much more comfortable then!
Otherwise, my advice would be, if u can afford a room at a slightly higher price maybe you could look elsewhere. The main plus of this hotel was just the price point and well, St moritz is well known to be not friendly on the wallet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated high above St. Moritz on the famous Suvretta hillside, the Berghotel Randolins can be found right at the ski slopes and hiking trails. It features a wellness area with panoramic views. The outdoor hot tub offers superb views of the Piz Corvatsch mountain. There is also a Finnish sauna offering great views of lake Champfer, a Bio sauna, and a fitness room. Massages are available on request. All guest rooms in the Berghotel Randolins are comfortably furnished and some of them boast a balcony with superb views over the mountains and the lakes. The kitchen team will spoil you with tasty regional specialities. Buffet breakfast is included every morning. Upon prior reservation, a free pick-up service is available from St. Moritz Train Station. For stays of 2 nights or more, in summer the use of all regional buses and cable cars is included in the price and in winter, ski passes are available at discounted rates at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Berghotel Randolins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Randolins Hotel St Moritz