“Very friendly service: usually a five but occasionally service is slow”
Review of Suvretta Stube

Suvretta Stube
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in St. Moritz
Reviewed August 3, 2018

The food is very good and based on the local cuisine with a sympathetic update. The atmosphere is smart casual but with a well dressed crowd as it is based on the hotel which is a tad formal. I ate there several times over the course of a week and most days the service was excellent, although on the odd night when Mr Werner was not on, it was slow. The food portions are large so you don't (or can't) eat more than one course unless you are really hungry...or share. The raclette night is fabulous and if you love cheese, it is a must but if you don't: do not go.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We arrived in St. Moritz and were staying at a hotel across from Survetta House. We didn't have many options so went here for lunch. When we walked into the hotel, the staff was not very friendly and we were directed to the Stubbe downstairs. Things turned around when our waitress appeared, she couldn't have been nicer. We had a pasta, a sandwich, a glass of wine and a beer and it basically came to $100. I suppose if you are staying at this hotel that is expected. I was a little taken aback, but it was very comfortable, the service was excellent and the food was fine.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We love eating off-property. Don't really know why, other than it's fun and exciting to try something different. We had booked dinner at La Stalla (see review) in town, having had an excellent lunch there the same time last year, only to have been treated like unwanted ugly step kids. No one puts Baby in the corner so, much to the shock of the staff we got up and left. My wife suggested that we simply return to the Suvretta House (see review) and eat at the Stube. Why not--we hadn't eaten there aside from my wife having had lunch while I was skiing--and it was our night before heading to Zurich.

Oh my! Fabulous! First, the host was utterly charming and, after showing us to our table asked if it was satisfactory! Nice touch, son!

And then the food. We had fondue chinoise and, it was superb! Honestly, I wish we'd eaten more of our meals there. We will next year!

Atmosphere and decor was excellent, too. I couldn't recommend it more enthusiastically. Thank you, La Stalla!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank WillTell1307
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Our last night in St Moritz was divine. We made reservations online for 7:30pm. We were warmly welcomed by Kurt Walter. We were seated and as we looked over the menu, Kurt came out with a surprise dessert. My husband had let them know we were celebrating our 38th anniversary early. They also treated us to champagne. What a way to begin the meal. Then we enjoyed a Welcome starter, duck with smashed spices. Delicious. Then Kurt offered my husband and me the meat from the cheek of the duck, a delicacy. My husband and I had the trout which was the catch of the day. One friend had sole and the other friend had veal carpaccio with truffles. We enjoyed the vegetables as well as a hashed potato. We enjoyed a lovely red wine with dinner. The fish was de-boned by Kurt and served to us. Elizabeth divided the dessert of white chocolate mousse for all of us. Even the greeting (happy birthday) the sentiment was there, was edible. The whole dinner for 4 was about $400 US, very reasonable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Wide range of delicious food to choose from with good service of the staff.freshly done with the friendly smiles of the staff