Soldanella(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Hauser Hotel St. Moritz(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$249
$234
Priceline
$436
$426
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $480/night.

San Gian Hotel(St. Moritz)
$203
$196
Hotels.com
$310
$258
Hotel Nolda(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$168
$240
$235
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsimpressive hoteldifferent typesski shopjunior suitelobby barconcierge deskkids clubwonderful hotelspa areathe hotel managerski schoolcable cartruffleski roomenotecastswitzerland
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel is one of the nicest I have ever stayed in. I booked a junior suite, which was very modern and featured a brand new flat screen tv, a comfortable bed, and a marble bathroom. The breakfast is outstanding!! which had great selection of cold meats, pasteries, cereals, and juices. The Spa is the best I have ever been to. It had many different steam rooms which either relaxed your body or mind. Then afterwards you call cool off in the relaxing zone, the whole made me feel so relaxed! This hotel is a complete must not even in St. Moritz also in Switzerland and Europe!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank van-der-kloi
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have stayed in the finest hotels around the world and have never had such a horrible experience or been treated so rudely.

Upon check in we discovered that our reservation had been made for one person rather than 2. The manager of reception was quite rude and said that we would stay in the single room but would be charged for an additional breakfast that is charged to each guest whether you eat it or not. That was not a problem, but in the end they charged an additional 100 francs per day which I was told was for extra towels and blankets though we received no extra towels and blankets--we had one very thin twin sized comforter spread over a queen sized bed so it was way too small and only two towels. No hotel I have visited has ever charged for extra towels and blankets even if you do request them.

Our first night there I was up all night due to snoring coming from the room next to ours. It sounded as if the man were in bed with us. It was unbelievable how thin the walls are in what purports to be a 5 star hotel. At 2:30 am I finally called reception complaining of the thin walls and asked that we be given a new room in the morning. In the morning after a sleepless night and re-packing all of our things, we went to reception and asked that our things be moved to our new room while we were at breakfast and that our car be brought around. After breakfast we went back to reception and not only had our car not been brought around but our room had not been moved. We then had to wait until they sent us to what turned out to be a much smaller room. I called reception and asked for a room comparable to that for which I had paid. They again were quite rude but agreed to show us two rooms and allow us to choose. The first room they showed us was still very small with only a claustrophobic sized shower and no tub so we requested to see the second room. We were then told that it would be 2 hours before we could see that room as it needed to be cleaned but that it was larger with a tub. Since we were only in St. Mortiz two nights, we were not going to waste 2 more hours of our time, so we elected to go with that room without having seen it and asked that our bags be transferred to the room while we were out. In my opinion, given the inconvenience, they should have sent someone to clean the room immediately rather than making us wait 2 hours.

We spent the day skiing, had dinner in St. Mortiz Dorf, and returned to the hotel exhausted at 11:30 pm. When we checked in with reception to get our new room number and keys, we were told that they had not moved our bags because we had not packed them!!! We had spent an hour that morning re-packing and had left our two suit cases together by the door to be moved! So, exhausted as we were, we had to wait to shower and go to bed until they were able to locate our bags and bring them to our room. The room was still smaller than what we had booked but it at least had a tub thereby making the shower larger.

In the morning, we called to have our car brought around and our bags loaded. We had the breakfast while we waited and discovered a bug in the fruit. When we finished breakfast, we went out to our car which was not there yet again. As it turned out, they had misplaced the keys, so we again had to wait while they attempted to locate the keys and retrieve our luggage from storage. Thank goodness we did not have a flight to catch or we would have missed it.

Through all of this, the staff never once offered an apology for our inconvenience--not even when they lost the keys to our car--and, in fact, treated us as if we had inconvenienced them.

To top everything off, approximately 2 hours after leaving the hotel we had to stop in a small village for an emergency restroom break. Both my daughter and myself were suffering from food poisoning from the hotel breakfast.

I would never stay at this hotel again and would highly discourage anyone else from staying there. There are plenty of fine hotels in the area with much lower rates, better accommodations, and nicer staff. We intentionally stayed away from the hotel until 11:30 pm because we wanted to enjoy our time in St. Moritz and not suffer at the hands of the Kempenski's staff. We seriously considered changing hotels and had our stay been longer we certainly would have done so.

Just a couple of other comments. We had dinner at the hotel our first night and though they advertise tapas and wine for 20 francs it does not exist. We spent 220 francs on dinner without wine. It was adequate but over priced for even a fine hotel. Also, ski equipment can be rented from a ski shop a mile or so down the road for half the price of that charged at the hotel.

Again, I have stayed at 5 star hotels around the globe including other hotels in Switzerland and have never never had such a miserable experience or been treated so badly. I have stayed at 3 star hotels with better accommodations and better staff. My daughter and I had a lovely drive to St. Moritz and were in very good spirits upon our arrival. That changed within the first 30 minutes of our stay. DO NOT waste your money and DO NOT spoil your vacation by staying at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2009
10  Thank ariampong
Kempinski_St_Moritz, General Manager at Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St. Moritz, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience within this community. We have taken your points and forwarded them to the respective outlet Managers in order to speed up the room move and valet parking.

Three points you had mentioned we would still like to comment separately: It is very unlikely that your daughter had suffered from food poisoning from the hotels breakfast, since this was the only comment which has reached us in this regards. Further the hotel has to comply to very strict health and food regulations which are checked periodically from the Swiss department of health and also from our internal quality Controllers.

At no place within the hotel we have advertised Full meals including wine at CHF 20. Tapas at a hotel restaurant at CHF 20 - approx. USD 17 including wine would not be realistic for a 5 Star Hotel in St. Moritz and is certainly not advertised.

The ski shop including ski rental is operated by "Ski Service Corvatsch" and offers the same rental rates as in all other of their 10 outlets in St. Moritz and Surlej/Silvaplana. As a service for our guests, it is located directly in the hotel.

With best regards,

Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St. Moritz

Reviewed December 12, 2008

For 375 euros per night one would definately expect to sleep during the night... On our first night in this hotel we slept at 4.00am after complaining several times about the noise coming from the bar excactly beneath our room. Nobody did anything but apologise and the music and noise stopped when the bar closed at 2.00am, of course we had already been woken up for good.... The following morning at breakfast trying to put this behind us and enjoy the rest of the stay I put on my wonderful 200euro, pink, Juicy set (the one that all hollywould stars wear on a day off and who knows...maybe to have breakfast in a ski resort) only to be insulted on my way to the buffet to have some bread, in front of everyone that: "jogging pants" are not allowed for breakfast. In a room filled with people dressed to go skiing imagine how mortified I was.... I left the breakfast room in tears... later when I demanded to be informed about the dress code I was informed that there is none.
After complaining several times again they finally changed our room and 3 hours later we received an apology card(...???)
from the "Food and Beverages" Manager about the "inconvenience" at breakfast....that is what they called making me cry. When we ordered room service for lunch costing no more than 50 francs they send "apology chocolates", no more than 10 small pieces of chocolate in a bawl . No real manager ever called to sort things out even though we asked to speak to him several times. I am so sorry I gave all this money to these people only to be treated like this.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
18  Thank babyili
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We stayed at the kempinski in January 2008. Arrived at night after a long drive from munchen. The doorman was very helpful and polite with baggage, parking the car etc.

Front desk people make you feel welcome. The service is effortless and you really feel that whatever you may need they are there to help, as they did, concerning my kid's ski lessons.

The room was ok as far as space is concerned, with a separate sitting area with an excellent bed and nice decoration. The bathroom was good with the toilet put separately. Shower cabin and bathtub always spotlessly clean.

The restaurants and options were excellent. Breakfast of the highest standards with your eggs and omelets prepared in front of you even eggs benedict. Dinner at the same restaurant is of the same standard keeping in mind though that you might find yourself at a funfair full of kids playing and running etc.

Once at the hotel you must try the spa. I'm not a spa person but swimming and having a massage after a full day of skiing is one of the best things you can have at the kempinski. Even if you dont ski you can spend few hours in there and, believe me, its time well spent.

There is also a casino at the hotel and probably thats the only thing thats not special at this hotel, meaning that its not the glamour casino that you might expect as it has one too many fruitmachines and dressing code is not that strict.

Overall the hotel is ecxellent and I think is the best value for money in the area.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank coastalux
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We stayed at Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains for three nights from June 13 - 16, 2008. We booked a standard double room for 213,-- Euro/night, breakfast inklusive.

The Kempinski opened its doors a few years ago and is one of the newer luxury hotels in St. Moritz. We arrived the first day after the summer closing and were warm welcomed by two doormen who parked the car and delievered the luggage to the room.

Room 307 was quite small, maybe too small for a longer holiday stay of two adults. The bathroom was equipped with a bathtub and separate shower stall but also with not many space. Everything was very clean, an aircondition was not necessary and not available due to legal restrictions. As it was off season the main restaurant and bar was open, only. Everything had a nice atmosphere and staff was very friendly and attentive.

Beside the mentioned tiny room there only were two negative aspects:

- parts of the doorman- and housekeeping-team don't understand english or german (just italian),

- if the breakfast is included in the room rate, there is no possibility to have breakfast in the room instead of using the restaurant (unless you pay the whole breakfast price additional) - in my opinion this is not acceptable for a resort hotel because as a late riser you have to hurry in the morning or to start the day without breakfast.

If you have breakfast in the restaurant there won't be any complaints: all egg dishes were freshly made (also an egg benedict), fresh juices, very good jam and there was a nice presented buffet for kids with baloons and separate dishes.

Turn down was done correctly, shoe shine was available overnight and the concierge service was helpfull, e.g. when I had to print an e-mail document.

In total a nice stay - but if we should travel to St. Moritz for a longer stay again we might look for a hotel with bigger rooms.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple