Soldanella(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
Hauser Hotel St. Moritz(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$249
$234
Priceline
$436
$426
$310
$258
Hotel Nolda(St. Moritz)(Great Value!)
$168
$240
$235
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
San Gian Hotel(St. Moritz)
$203
$172
Agoda.com
Suvretta House(St. Moritz)
$416
$407
Agoda.com
All reviewsimpressive hoteldifferent typesski shopjunior suitelobby barconcierge deskkids clubwonderful hotelspa areathe hotel managerski schoolcable cartruffleski roomenotecastswitzerland
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Facilities, service, and breakfast were all spectacular. Views of the Alps were stunning.

Food at dinner was so bad could not eat it. In general, was disappointed with the town of St Moritz in the summer.

This was one of six 5 star hotels we stayed in during our 14 day trip to Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. Our group thought this hotel was the lowest rated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank 1happygolucky
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Kempinski 2 weeks ago. The hotel is gorgeous! The bar off the lobby is very cozy, and a great people watching spot. It is also VERY expensive, as is everything else at the hotel. A spa massage was double of what we pay in expensive Connecticut, our home state. Our room was beautiful and clean. The location of the hotel is NOT ski in/ski out. As a previous reviewer wrote, this is in no way accessible to the slopes on your skis. You must walk out of the hotel in ski boots, across a very icey parking lot (ice mixed in with gravel so you can't even ski across the ice!!), across a street that is paved and clear of snow or ice (so again can't ski across) and down an underpass beneath the road and up stairs on the other side to get to the gondola. It is physically impossible to ski out. Period!!! The hotel should consider a service to bring skis to/from the gondola. It is such a pain to schlep especially at the end of a long ski day. Furthermore, this hotel is NOT located in town, amongst the shopping and other hotels. it is a one mile walk up hill, so not a problem during the day but definitely not possible at night after a night out. Each time we took a cab it was ALWAYS $20, without tip, for the one mile ride. The Kempinski has a shuttle but it is only at certain times(not every hour on the hour for example) and it was never convenient for anybody like us that tends to eat at 7:30 or 8pm. No shuttle at that time!! The shuttle into town was earlier or later. Once midweek, they picked us up at the restaurant which was very nice but hey for $1000 night, they should! Upon checkout, we were handed a bill which did not seem right. I had my laptop and showed various staff members my correspondence. Long story short, the hotel emails a "one lump sum" total and you expect that they are honestly presenting the nightly rate agreed upon with taxes. There are several taxes. The bill does not break down the nightly rate or specify each tax. Upon questioning, we learned that they changed our nightly rate for the weekend but did not tell us in person or in the emails or in the final bill tally. It was a considerable amount. The Kempinski did the right thing though and after a long discussion at the front desk upon check out and 5-6 emails upon returning home, they credited our account for the difference they failed to make us aware of. Good job Kempinski!!!! Because they made right on their wrong, I am recommending this hotel to anybody who wants a plush room with a cozy bar, friendly staff, and an AWESOME breakfast buffet. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a true ski in/ski out within walking distance (in freezing cold temps) to nightlife and restaurants, or is on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dalocopa
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July of 2005, 2007 & 2009. Each and every time I had a problem with the reservation. You book one room on-line; confirm with email, but when you arrived it a different type of room. This is very embarrassing in the lobby. Casino in the hotel has no connection with the hotel so the hotel says, but the casino wants to make sure you are staying at the hotel before letting you in. when you win big, they give you a check that the hotel will not cash, make you go down the street to a bank. Hotel was clean, but very over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Cash-cashi
Reviewed January 18, 2011

First of all, don't be fooled; this is NOT a ski-in resort! You have to walk for a few minutes and over a very icy road in order to reach the hotel from the Signal Gondola. Even if you ski over at Corvatsch, you will still need to walk quite a bit and then walk around the hotel until you reach the entrance.

Housekeeping was TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! Instead of cleaning up and organizing objects, they were experts at HIDING whatever mess they found. We would find my pants tucked together with my wife's underwear, dress shirts were squeezed together with my skiing gear, etc... Whatever was lying on my nightstand found its way into the messy drawer underneath... It seems like the staff only want to make the room SEEM organized for their supervisors.

I should also mention that my room (344) was very noisy. We could hear the garbage truck and the delivery trucks unloading early in the morning right below our windows (UNBELIEVABLE for such an expensive room!!)... our neighbors were also very noisy and the front desk did nothing about it even after we complained. Besides this, I stayed in a non-smoking floor that smelled like an ashtray! (I believe that the same noisy neighbors were also smoking) Besides this, there is NO WI-FI in the room; so if you need to use it you must visit the lobby area...

The lobby bar and lounging area was a shame to the Kempinski name! The music was SOOO loud that is was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to talk!! For such an expensive hotel in St. Moritz (I stayed at a room, not a suite, which cost more than USD 1700 per night!) I would expect to have a more elegant atmosphere in the public areas.

The lobby seemed like an airport terminal!!! There were guests actually lying down on the sofas, kids connecting their computers to outlets, people actually TOOK OFF THEIR SHOES AND SOCKS and rested their bare feet on the chairs! I understand that the nouveau riche are responsible for an important part of the hotel's income, but they should be asked to maintain a certain level of conduct in the public areas!! This hotel has the infrastructure of a five star hotel, but the spirit of a two or three star inn.

I understand that I stayed at this hotel during the time they (themselves) call "Russian Week"... but this should not be an excuse for such a below par service, especially since the price is even higher during this time! SHAME ON THEM! I actually feel sorry for the professionals that work at this hotel and understand what elegance is about and what it means to be a "five star palace" at what used to be the most exclusive ski resort in Europe.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank TRUTHFUL_DH
SMVJoerg, Manager at Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St. Moritz, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you for your valuable comments, which I have read very carefully and will certainly be taken into consideration in order to improve the overall service and guest satisfaction. Even though we are working hard on it I cannot exclude that things might go wrong in a hotel, but it is very unfortunate that this has not been mentioned from your side during your stay at all. We would have highly appreciated to be at your service since our staff is known for reacting on the spot in order to ensure superior quality and memorable experiences. I deeply regret that we did miss out on this opportunity.

The prime focus of the Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St. Moritz is to offer an elegant, but also sportive environment to every guest. Incorrect behaviour like mentioned in your comments are certainly not tolerated. I have been personally around in the Lobby and throughout the hotel but cannot confirm your statement.

Our bar is a popular place in the hotel with live entertainment, which is appreciated by our guests. High speed Internet is offered free of charge via LAN cable in all hotel rooms - WiFi is available free of charge in all public areas.

With regards to the ski in/out resort, the Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is one of the few luxury hotels in St. Moritz, which has direct access to the ski area. You can hardly get any closer, since the Corviglia slopes are just opposite the hotel and the Corvatsch slope is coming down right behind the hotel.

I sincerely hope that you will return to the Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains in order to give us the chance to make up for the noted shortcomings and convince you of our commitment to outstanding quality and service.

Your sincerely

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Everything was just perfect!!!We spent a very relaxing weekend in the Hotel. All the staff was very nice and polite,specially the concierge and reception,very smily!the rooms are very big and with a very nice decoration according with all the Hotel!the best the restaurant!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple