“Valentines Meal in St Moritz.....”

Posthaus Pizza & Cafe
Ranked #83 of 113 Restaurants in St. Moritz
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We ordered a very expensive sushi boat for 2 (around £150) the food came before our wine..... The WHITE wine also came warmish and without a wine cooler... Also the sushi came without the Soy sauce, we had to wait another 10 mins for that... Very bad service and average food. Not the valentines i was expecting....

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ambiance is quite nice and the bar Looks quite cool. the Restaurant in ok, the Food tastes quite good - BUT: strange price politics: if you order a Thai Chicken Curry the rice has to be paid separately (6CHF), when ordering Steak etc the sauces have to be paid separately (& CHF). In our Chicken Curry unfortunately were only 4 little pieces of chicken, the rest was vegetables, the taste was really good but not what was on the menu. We left a bit disappointed.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

It's the fabulous place with a very warm and fantastic atmosphere.
Posthaus is about excellent food (the tastiest Tom Yam that I have ever eaten), amazing music (Dj from St.Tropez), best cocktails, good service with gorgeous surroundings.
A destination you can not afford to miss!!
One of my favourites places in St.Moritz.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great place! Amazing location, perfectly designed! Fantastic food! Cool & goodlooking and friendly staff! The place to be in st moritz! When will you open in other cities like ZH where i live? Bravo! PG

1  Thank MarcWalden
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It is hard to write this review because I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Posthaus but that is where the happiness ended and I would never go back.
First and worst was the service. When we walked in, we were abruptly told we had to check our coats and it would be 2 CHF per coat. Not a hello, not a welcome, not a good evening; just a coat girl asking for our money. I am pretty sure that most people dining at Posthaus would have chosen to check their coat and I am pretty sure many of these people would have chosen to give a tip, but being "welcomed in" with a demand for money turned me off immediately. No worries, we payed for our coat check and we were seated. We had a vegetarian with us who asked if they had any vegetarian options and the waitress had someone come over and explain the 3 choices (spring rolls, curry noodles and white rice). When the waitress returned, my friend ordered the spring rolls and the curry noodles. The waitress insisted that they did not have curry noodles on the menu. After a few seconds of back and forth I had to point out on the menu that they did have them. The food came and we enjoyed it but for the price it better have been spectacular. I have lived in Switzerland for 3 years and I am used to the high prices. My one positive of Posthaus would be the food. It is not worth the high price but when the price is the same at every restaurant, I am happy to have something other than the standard Swiss menu of sausage and rosti. I will also say that for the comparable prices you pay in Switzerland, you will get much better quality food in London, NYC, Hong Kong, etc. You will also get the customer service and attention you deserve as opposed to the smug "It's Switzerland and everything is expensive" attitude you will get at 90% of all Swiss restaurants.
The cherry on top of our 250 CHF meal for 3 people meal and terrible service at Posthaus came at the end of the meal when my friend was locked in the stall of the bathroom due to a faulty door handle. The stall was it's own room so she could not crawl under the door. She was locked in and the lights went out in the bathroom. She was stuck in the stall in the dark and had to bang on the door until someone came in and helped her out. Visibly upset, she was laughed at by the waitress that helped her out and when she told the manager about the incident, he told the bartender, "it's broken again" and laughed out loud. No apologies, no sympathy for what appeared to be a problem that had happened in the past and was not fixed (not to mention a potential fire hazard).
Don't bother! Save your money for a nicer meal in a country other than Switzerland because unfortunately this is the same attitude you will get throughout the entire country.

1  Thank stephvol