“Great setting - and great / interesting food”
Review of Ecco St. Moritz

Ecco St. Moritz
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in St. Moritz
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Ecco restaurants in Ascona and St. Moritz already have a reputation for unique culinary virtuosity blended with a purist approach to taste – and both have two Michelin stars to prove it. With his food concept, Ecco founder Rolf Fliegauf artfully combines the natural flavours of seasonal ingredients to create the unmistakable Ecco cuisine: distinctive, intense, unexpected. Ecco!
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We had a great evening at Ecco.
We had a 6 course dinner with wine parring and various small surprises from the chef.
The experience was very good - and our three kids aging 15, 13 and 11 also very much enjoyed the evening.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank hbj1973

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

The food here is on par with the mastery of chef Joel Robuchon. The service is spot on and the wine selection excellent. Yes it's expensive but it's a culinary jewel in St Moritz so that's to be expected. Go with an open mind and take the full course menu and let yourself be spoiled by the best chef in Switzerland.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank chrisnJ1161XM
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited the restaurant on the Valentine's day (2019). We got asked if we have any allergies before bringing us the menu, which is nice. Then, we got served multiple starters (their quality was good overall), and waiters presented that as a surprise from the chef - no complaints here. After that "fun" part begins - we've looked at the menu of main courses and it said that the price of 4 dishes is 215 swiss francs. So we've ordered 4 main dishes in total: something with a crab, something with veal, Canadian bison and toothfish. When we were ordering that, waiters did not make a note to us that veal dish is served with raw meat. The dish with crab was overall pretty bad. The dish with veal was brought to me and I was told that it is served with raw veal. When I said I cannot eat raw meat, waiter told me that I can try other parts of the dish. Overall dish was pretty average too. Then the bison and the toothfish were really good. Then we got served a desert, another surprise by the chief. Desert was really good too. Then I asked for the bill - this is where real fun begins. The bill did not have expected 215 swiss Franks for 4 dishes - they made it 300. When I asked why - I was told that 2 people had 4 starters each (but wait, you have said before that this is a surprise from chief, haven't you?) and that they cannot just make it 4 main dishes across 2 people. After I complained about the initial 215 franks that I was in the menu, waiter changed the final bill by adding 10% discount, whaaat? Did you just admit that the bill I was given in the first place is just a nonsense?

Overall, I think chief did a really good job for 2 main dishes, really poor for the other 2. I would recommend avoiding this restaurant overall. My background: I live in the UAE and eat in restaurants very often, including high end ones. I would describe my experience with Ecco as "only half of the dishes were nice, and the price is not fair - they just put what they want on the bill".

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Andrej K
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

An absolutely delightful experience. Worthy of the 2 Michelin stars it has. Food was outstanding and the presentation matched it. Every course was cooked to perfection. Superb wine list well priced to go with it

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank gauravagarwala123
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The best in the alps. Close to St Moritz. Go here for dinner. Just amazing decoration and food of the best. The service is top and the atmosphere just award winning

Date of visit: July 2018