“a whirlwind trip to Switzerland”
Review of Hotel Laudinella

Hotel Laudinella
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I landed in Geneva, Switzerland and only had a few days to see the country and knew what I wanted to do but wanted to feel safe traveling by myself. I went to the train station and told the travel agent what I wanted to do. I was able to book everything right there for three days. I got on an early morning train, went south to Zermatt where I stayed at the Butterfly Best Western Hotel. It was a perfectly clear day so took the train up to see the Matterhorn! Magnificent!. The ski village of Zermatt is wonderful, too.The next morning I boarded the Glacier Express which is a very slow moving train that travel all the way across the southern Alps. When I arrived in St. Moritz a driver from Hotel Laudinella met me to take me to the hotel. I was quickly checked in and settled into my room. I then took a walk around the edge of the lake and walked through the "village" of St. Moritz. I returned to the hotel. The hotel has several choices of restaurants - pizza, combination that included sushi and also a buffet type of restaurant. I didn't eat in any of them that evening but included in my room was a breakfast buffet which was FABULOUS! It was one of the best breakfasts I have had - particularly in Europe. The hotel shuttle took me to the train station where I caught the train back to Geneva via Zurich and across the northern part of the country. I did all of this in three days plus had an additional day in Geneva and travelled to Annecy, France and Dardagny, Switzerland.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jan K
There are newer reviews for Hotel Laudinella

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is recently renovated with fresh Alpine style. My room was small but exceptionally clean and well maintained. The television was old and sub-standard, though, but had about 40 channels available including CNN. A large common room in the ground floor is cosy and invites to enjoy a cup of tea. The hotel itself has many good restaurants. The gym and sauna area on the upper floor have great views. The breakfast selection is superb as is the lunch and dinner buffet in the same Stuva restaurant.

Note that Laudinella is located in St. Mortiz Bad a mile away from the Dorf. However, there are some restaurants and shops nearby. The location is ideal for athletes and outdoor enthusiast, since there's a track next to the hotel. Also, mountain and lakeside trails start near the hotel. There were some endurance athletes in the hotel training for the London Olympics during my two week stay. There's also a bus stop less than 100m away with good connections to nearby villages.

By St. Moritz standards, this is one of the best value.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We spent one night here. Our room was large and clean. It was nery nice that we got free internet access and the password was given to us at check-in. A big negative was no air-conditioning. We did have a large balcony and could open the doors for fresh air. The hotel had a large dinner and breakfast buffet but the food quality was only mediocre. Beautiful scenery all around!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank psychlady
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After few years i FELT like going back to thailand, the atmosphere, the experience and the flavours.. i'm speachless.. the thai chef is a wonderful woman with a humile actitude. The waitress very attentive suggest the perfect wines.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

came with 2 kid's and grandparents. we're met at the train station by a man and a van. took us to the hotel and found our room had bunk beds and a balcony. it was great with kids. across the street is mini-golf and Bocci. down the street away from town is a huge playground; great for getting rid of pent-up train energy in an 8 and 11 year old. a family will find this a good hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After a 6 hour Glacier Express journey all that me and my wife wanted were 3 things - Reach Hotel peacefully, rest and some good food...and we were not let down...We had informed Laudinella's reception that we will be reaching the Stn by 5 pm train and were happy to see the car and driver waiting fr us...The Hotel is at a min drive from the Station...We were given a room on the 2nd floor...The room was not big but clean and very luxurious...The interiors were decent and view from the room was not that gr8...But the thing that distinguishes this hotel from others in my trip was the food that the Hotel offers through its various Rstaurants (Japanese, Thai, French etc). I'm a vegetarian and was suprised to find around 15-16 veg dishes (Pizzas, pastas) options in the menu card. The Hotel staff is very courteous and helpful...We also got a drop back to the stn while checking-out...Overall a very good experience...highly recommended...!

Room Tip: Hotel offers free pick and drop service from the Railway Stn
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We arrived In St. Moritz after a 6 hour Glacier Express FIrst Class Train Ride. I stayed at this hotel for 2 days and I really hated to leave. I had a mini suite and a deck that opened up out to the Main Street. On my deck it was rather large with 2 chairs and a table with plenty of extra room to spare. When I walked out the front door of the hotel I was right on the main road where all of the shops are located.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends