We took our two adult daughters and their partners to stay for a week in St Moritz mid August. Rooms were comfortable and spotlessly clean. Pillows are always an issue for us - Swiss don't seem to do 'firm', but the hotel supplied extra on request which helped. We found the service friendly and efficient in all areas. Breakfast was fine - they offered hot options not in the buffet if you wanted this, and dinners were excellent (if a little repetitive when staying for a week) - if we'd been there for a shorter time this would have been fine too. Location is good - especially if you are staying long enough to qualify for the 'all-inclusive' card, which allows you to use the local buses, cable cars and mountain railways at no cost - a brilliant idea! Although the hotel doesn't have air conditioning, the temperatures at night at this time of year means that the rooms stay cool. Unfortunately, we arrived just before the start of an art event and the church immediately opposite was having a huge iron tree delivered and installed. This meant that we were woken at 8 each morning by the workmen (hardly the hotel's fault though). The rooms can be quite noisy at night, especially at the weekend. The hotel does supply ear plugs in the bathrooms (!) Altogether a clean, efficient hotel in the town centre which provided us with a good base to explore the surrounding Engadine valley and further afield. We would recommend it. Just one note to management - it's not the best of ideas to provide the payers of the bill with the smallest room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Boutique Hotel Monopol is ideally located in the pedestrian area at the heart of St. Moritz, and conveniently close to all the boutiques, restaurants, cafes and bars. Also, the Chantarella funicular is only a two-minute walk away, and this takes you to the slopes in winter and the Corviglia mountain bike flow trail in summer. This 4-star hotel offers beautiful spacious rooms as well as a rooftop spa and roof terrace with breath-taking lake views. Further attractions include the superb Italian-Mediterranean Restaurant MONO with its wine cellar bar La Cantina, the Hotel Bar & Lounge with the stylish Smoker’s Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Art Boutique Hotel Monopol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monopol Swiss Quality
- Monopol Swiss Quality St Moritz