TripAdvisor
St. Moritz
All reviews rolls royce chesa veglia le restaurant kings club moment you arrive lake view an unforgettable experience fairy tale ski shop old world moritz lake five star hotel amazing hotel outdoor pool impeccable service swiss alps spa area
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We spent time with relatives, 3 families with kids.
In overall I could say that the hotel is OK. But still there are lots of disadvantages in it. I doubt if I could recommend or come next time to Badrutt's hotel.
Upon arrival we were not duly welcomed, and had to wait for a long time before getting keys. I was shocked when another guest warned me about that he was waiting for almost 4 hours before getting the keys.. I believe the systems is as much old as the hotel :) you should update all of your process)
It feels like you are at the railroad station, lots of strangers, the staff occasionally can see you, but you need to insist to get their attention. The few staff's smiles to me appeared "as prescribed". Maybe it's just because the hotel is big and people are too tired from all this daily routine...
Rooms are nice - bright, truly well furnished and good equipped (but at the same time there was no SPA/pool flip-flops - which is common for this level of service). You need to ask for a coffee machine or kettle (BTW, no tea-sache provided), initially it is not in the room. No pillow menu, no suggestions to get a single big matress on a double bed. Cookie's crumbles (left by my child) stayed behind the door for several days(
I really suffered from smokers, somehow the smoke was leaking out of the smoking room and I was feeling it in my room, especially in the evening and at nights!! I asked for the help and soon the engineer was in my room checking and reporting to his chef that he does not smell anything. After examination this engineer told me that it's not possible that the smell comes to my room, and I asked him to come after 9pm to feel it by himself. He said that his chef will come, as he is a non-smoker. No one came or asked further if we are satisfied with his work or do we have some questions in this regard. I expected to get a service, and not this kind of flashiness.
Breakfasts are ok, but I would say that the personnel is not trained enough, and at the same time - what shall we get if same people serve in the morning and in the evening. They forget to bring orders, or they bring some dishes when they become cold.. in the evening we had a case when the tuna was cooked not fresh! One of our child got the dish (just a sandwich) after all adults ate their starters (notwithstanding we noted that the child waits too long), sometimes we served ourselves to refill our glasses..
Once when I came to breakfast and no waiter came to take my order, I went to the egg station (there was a senior person, who was writing down smo's order), I asked for pouched eggs and tea. And he said, oh, these eggs are possible to prepare not here, it's - to the kitchen (no problem, fine with me), and then he denied to take my order for the tea! what? Is it my problem that not a single waiter comes to my table to take my order, and I should differ who and what kind of orders shall make?) Are you serious?) Ok, I went to find available for taking orders waiter to ask for tea..
When we came to the hall to have something to eat, the waiter said that the table was reserved. And it was strange to see that a guy came there, sat, had nothing to eat, and then left. And we were not afforded to sit there, then another woman came and she was offered for that table. What was the problem? Because we had kids?
In controversy, I should admit that Igniv's restaurant staff is very nice and welcoming! I do recommend to visit and enjoy its cuisine.
I did not like the kids club only because it is not big and clean enough (children play there in their shoes), and because all interactive toys I took were not working (maybe without batteries). But maybe in summers it is much better when children go outside.
The hotel is very well positioned. The centre, the lake, the shops - really very near.
This is it. The price does not fit the level of the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank mariaiZ3056YJ
Destination792072, Manager at Badrutt's Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Palace Guest
First and foremost we would like to thank you for having stayed with us and for having taken the time to write this detailed review about your Badrutt’s Palace experience.
It is our sincere objective to deliver exceptional service every day and to meet or even exceed our guest’s expectations. Unfortunately we were not able to meet all your expectations and we kindly ask you to accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your stay. Your evaluation will help us to improve our service quality in the mentioned departments.
In the meantime we have investigated with the responsible person of the Food & Beverage department our organization procedures in the breakfast Restaurant and took measures in order to avoid the outlined happenings in the future.
As you correctly mentioned the flip-flops are common in a 5 star accommodation and belong also at Badrutt's Palace to the standard amenities in all guest rooms.
We very much appreciate your positive comments to the overall of the Hotel, about the rooms and especially to the Restaurant IGNIV.
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality at Badrutt’s Palace Hotel.
Please allow us in the future to restore your confidence in Badrutt’s Palace Hotel again. I will personally make sure that you are well looked after.
Badrutt’s Palace Hotel

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really loved our stay in Badrutt! The service was beyond amazing! The hotel was gorgeous and decorated beautifully for Christmas! The staff was very attentive to our every need. They even remembered what we had ordered the previous day and asked if we wished to order it again. The room service was very good! We would love to stay at this hotel again and indeed it was one of the best service we have received from the many hotels we stayed at.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Destination792072, Manager at Badrutt's Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Palace Guests
Thank you for staying at Badrutt’s Palace Hotel.
Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. It is our sincere objective to deliver exceptional service every day and to meet and even exceed our guest’s expectations. Therefore we are happy to hear that we could meet your expectations.
Thank you so much for your great compliments and for being our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and remain in the meantime with our best regards and wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay here for four nights as part of two week honeymoon to Switzerland. Besides Badrutt's Palace in St. Moritz we split our time between Zurich, Zermatt, and Lucerne. Simply put, we ended up wishing we had just spent all 14 nights at Badrutt's Palace. The room was a treat - easily surpassing all of our expectations and the level of attention, service, and care we received from every Badrutt's staff member was truly exceptional. Everything from the breakfast buffet to the ski shop to the turn-down service was truly a wonderful experience. Even more extraordinary is the fact that our lodging in all 3 other Swiss cities was in a similar price range, but no where did the value come close to what we received at Badrutt's Palace. Their website says, "Our room rates are high. In Value" and that is truly an apt description. Worth every penny.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guests
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you recently at the Badrutt’s Palace Hotel.
Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor. It is our sincere objective to deliver exceptional service every day and to meet and even exceed our guest’s expectations. Therefore we are more than happy to hear that we could meet your expectations.
Thank you for your wonderful compliments and for being our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and remain in the meantime with our best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Reviewed December 17, 2019

The stay is fantastic in Badrutt's Palace. The staff there were so nice that help you with everything. And also the transfer car from hotel to St.moritz station is Royal Royce, which so fancy! It's worth for plan a trip to stay there.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BadruttsPalaceHotel, Manager at Badrutt's Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Henry I
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you at Badrutt’s Palace Hotel.
Thank you for your compliments and for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and remain in the meantime with our best wishes for a merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Reviewed December 17, 2019

We really had a great time at Badrutt's Palace and enjoyed all their excellent services for breakfast, lunch, swimming pool, dinner at Chesa Veglia etc.. Every detail and service are provided with passion and dedication.
The room was amazing with a lot of amenities for our baby! And the view is absolutly incredible!
We will come back for sure!

Room tip: Signature Lake Room with Balcony