“Best lunch in amazing setting!!!”
Review of Muottas Muragl

Muottas Muragl
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in St. Moritz
London, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Best lunch in amazing setting!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a trendy beautiful terrace overlooking St Moritz, great service, food and people, amazing views and great footpaths around. Not to be missed!!!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Javier E

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Stuttgart, Germany
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Must be even better in winter...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

But even in the summer, you are treated to an excellent view, plus an excellent restaurant up top. The sunset is spectacular, too.

Visited September 2012
Netherlands
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Stunning view”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Altough it was rather cold we had a wonderful lunch n their modern terrace where thay had comfortable seats. We enjoyed their cheese platterband had nice wine. Kind service and STUNNING view.

Visited March 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“astounding sunset view”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

we were in a groups hosted that evening for a sunset ascent with dinner. The view was truly spectacular! All the lakes of the region may be seen.

Visited September 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Views, Scary Sledding”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I took a day trip up to Muottas from our hotel in Pontresina. We had a nice walk over, a funicular ride up, and then a beautiful sunny walk around the Philosopher's Trail. The trail was nicely prepared, but there were also opportunities for those with snow shoes to go exploring further.

After a lunch at the snack bar, we decided to give sledding a try - sleds can only be rented at the bottom, so we headed back down to pick them up. Once back up at the top, we gave it a go - this slope is not for beginners, at all. I wiped out on the second turn, which seems to be pretty common - I had been using my shoes to brake myself without much success, so I tried braking into a snow bank and ended up launching over it and landing in some deep snow. It took 15 minutes in the thigh high snow to make my way out (I followed someone else's tracks, so I was not the first one to do that maneuver that day). While I caught my breath, I watched a number of other sledders become out of control at the very beginning. My point is: if you are not familiar with sledding on the wooden bobs, this should not be something you do. There are 20 tight turns and steep hills, and broken bones are not uncommon. I think the resort should make that point a bit more obvious for those considering trying out the sledding.

I consoled myself with a beer, more views, and gawking at the paragliders who were streaming around the hotel. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, but note that this is one of the few private railways I've encountered in Switzerland that has no discounts for GA's, half-fare cards, or Swiss Passes.

Visited March 2013