“Must be even better in winter...”
Review of Muottas Muragl

Muottas Muragl
Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in St. Moritz
Reviewed May 28, 2013

But even in the summer, you are treated to an excellent view, plus an excellent restaurant up top. The sunset is spectacular, too.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Altough it was rather cold we had a wonderful lunch n their modern terrace where thay had comfortable seats. We enjoyed their cheese platterband had nice wine. Kind service and STUNNING view.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

we were in a groups hosted that evening for a sunset ascent with dinner. The view was truly spectacular! All the lakes of the region may be seen.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I took a day trip up to Muottas from our hotel in Pontresina. We had a nice walk over, a funicular ride up, and then a beautiful sunny walk around the Philosopher's Trail. The trail was nicely prepared, but there were also opportunities for those with snow shoes to go exploring further.

After a lunch at the snack bar, we decided to give sledding a try - sleds can only be rented at the bottom, so we headed back down to pick them up. Once back up at the top, we gave it a go - this slope is not for beginners, at all. I wiped out on the second turn, which seems to be pretty common - I had been using my shoes to brake myself without much success, so I tried braking into a snow bank and ended up launching over it and landing in some deep snow. It took 15 minutes in the thigh high snow to make my way out (I followed someone else's tracks, so I was not the first one to do that maneuver that day). While I caught my breath, I watched a number of other sledders become out of control at the very beginning. My point is: if you are not familiar with sledding on the wooden bobs, this should not be something you do. There are 20 tight turns and steep hills, and broken bones are not uncommon. I think the resort should make that point a bit more obvious for those considering trying out the sledding.

I consoled myself with a beer, more views, and gawking at the paragliders who were streaming around the hotel. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, but note that this is one of the few private railways I've encountered in Switzerland that has no discounts for GA's, half-fare cards, or Swiss Passes.

2  Thank KeineRader
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you are a hiker, rent snowshoes and make your own path to be rewarded with amazing panoramic views. The weather will make all the difference so we timed our start on the mountain around 10:45 am to catch the best sunlight and beat the crowds. We had a beer and barley soup (quite good) at the restaurant and this was a nice way to finish.