“Modern Hotel with Class in a Gorgeous Setting”

InterContinental Davos Hotel
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Davos
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel was one of our favorites on our Alps & Dolomites trip. Though a bit out of town, a short bus ride, the location was wonderful near the lake. Spacious rooms had everything state of the art, gigantic terraces and very peaceful color palate. We really wanted to take photos, especially of the bathroom, but had no time. We had the best cheese fondue ever in the hotel Asian restaurant!!Wonderful Staff were very helpful & Concierge drove us into town for dinner & picked us up when we called for return to hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms should be equally quiet as ours.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalDavo, General Manager at InterContinental Davos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear valued guest,

thank you so much for staying at the InterContinental and your valued feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was thrilled to read that we have been one of your favourite hotels during your trip!
I do hope you have more time to take beautiful pictures during your next stay with us!
I will make sure to pass on your friendly feedback to all my colleagues, who will be delighted to hear these warm words.
Hope to welcome you back as soon as possible

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We spent a weekend at this hotel in the more quiet summer season, curious to make up our own mind about this new 'icon' in Davos. The experience has been unforgettable. The view from the balcony is spectacular, and the design of the hotel very much suited our taste. Don't expect classic alpine chic but a fresh and modern yet very warm environment. The food in our view does not yet fully keep up with the general top notch standard of the hotel. We will definitely be back next winter!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tobiasg450
InterContinentalDavo, General Manager at InterContinental Davos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear valued guest,

thank you very much for your visit and your valued feedback about your stay at the InterContinental Davos. I was pleased to read that you were absolutely satisfied with your room, the design of the hotel and the service.
We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Built in December 2013, this luxury chain hotel is huge, and includes a lot of useful facilities in-house (such as kid's room, cinema, shop, ATM machine, free transport) and also many amenities in the room.
It is located close to a forrest and a lake, nice places to hike, but getting to the city is simpler by car.
Tasty and varied breakfast, nice SPA.
In general, a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: August 2014
InterContinentalDavo, General Manager at InterContinental Davos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at the InterContinental Davos and for taking your time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.
It is with great pleasure to read that you were fully satisfied not only with our hotel facilities, but also with our tangible aspects such as the well-appointed rooms and the leisure facilities of Davos.
We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the near future!

Best Regards from Davos

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel.. The rooms were very comfortable and big bed, fab bathroom, large balcony with amazing views . Good coffee and beautiful food.. Very expensive but worth it! Will return next year. If your doing the marathon it's a great place to unwind.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the InterContinental Davos and we also would like to express our appreciation for your warm and kind words.
I was pleased to read that you were fully satisfied during your stay, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

Best Regards from Davos

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The most modern IC I have ever stayed at and would love to come back again. Not the easiest place to get at but its well worth it.

Check-In with Fiona (if I remembered her name correctly)
- Very efficient and warm welcome along
- Anne also gave a warm welcome
- Fiona showed us around and our room (awesome service)
- Room was upgraded and I always appreciate a nice upgrade
- Too bad that the Lounge was closed for the season would have liked to check it out, perhaps next time.

Great service overall staff were all around friendly and always smiling.
I would also like to thank Doris for her help as I made a request before I arrived.
I was able to have a talk with Tara and Anne they are very nice people to talk too.

Room
- Very modern and very nice
- Excellent view
- Design and lighting was very well thought off, the floor was very nice touch, not going with the carpet.
- The night light was extremely useful (it’s something simple but VERY useful)
- The outside blinds is great option aside from the room darkening curtain
- The radiant heat on the bathroom floor is a great feature
- Amenities are great quality, the lip balm was a nice souvenir!
- Nice gift – Local Honey

Nuts & Co
- Very nice décor
- Great service from Stephanie
- Happy Hour was very nice
- Cheese and the Meat selection from the region was great

Breakfast
- Great selection
- The Cheese was great
- Some specialties from the region
- Always nice when there is a Chef ready to cook something
- I like how the food description were labelled by writing it on a stone
- The staff was very nice and friendly

Summary
I would really love to come back again next year. The staff and service was great! Hotel is just amazing!

Room Tip: All the rooms have balcony which is awesome! My room view was to the city and mountains. I believe...

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and all the other travellers on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave an extensive report about your recent stay at the InterContinental Davos.
I am thrilled that our beautiful hotel and the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations! We strive to give our guests a warm welcome and VIP treatment and I'm so happy that we did just that. It is such a pleasure to work with individuals who take great pride in their work and truly love what they do! Please rest assured that I will share your kind compliments with our team and thank them for the exemplary service that they continue to provide to our guests.
Dear Guest, once again we would like to thank you for your warm and friendly feedback and for your visit at the InterContinental Davos Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at this beautiful new Hotel for a night in July. One night was enough to recharge all my batteries. Incredible view over the valley and the village. Absolutely stunning in the morning.
The Hotel has very courteous staff, which is always available and anticipates all your wishes.
Make sure to look out for the fresh Honey station at Breakfast!
I will make sure to be back in Winter!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views! The higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
InterContinentalDavo, General Manager at InterContinental Davos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the InterContinental Davos and also like to express our appreciation for your warm and kind words.
It is our goal and passion to assist our guests in making their trip memorable and successful.
We are more than happy to read that you were satisfied with the service, I will make sure to pass on your friendly words to all my colleagues, who will be very grateful to hear that they have successfully made your time off a little bit special to you!
We are already looking very much forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Davos!

Best Regards

Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a fantastic 5 day break in Switzerland. Collected at the local station (Davos Dorf) by the Hotel consierge (FOC), then we were stunned by this fantastic moden hotel that had everything you could ask for. When we arrived we were upgraded to an Alpine Suite, this was "out of this world". Huge room, lovely decoration, best bathroom I have ever seen and the largest balcony with views of the Valley and Forest.
The food in the Alpine brasserie was 1st class and well worth the "Swiss Prices". The free mini bar in the room and the " 2 hour "happy hour" made up for the price of the food!!
We would recommend this to any visitor to the real part of Switzerland.
We also recommend buying the Swiss pass for unlimited travel on all railways and buses

1  Thank Ian S

Dear valued guest,
thank you so much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Davos with other travellers on TripAdvisor.com.
I am happy to read that you were thrilled about the upgrade you have received!
I will make sure to pass on your warm and friendly words to all of my colleagues, they will be delighted about such friendly feedback!
My team and me are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Davos and the InterContinental Hotel very soon!