“Terrible customer service”

Morosani Schweizerhof Davos
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Davos
Reviewed March 3, 2013

On checking out, I was asked for my plastic room key-card. I was surprised, as most hotels do not ask for this to be returned. I looked for it, but could not find it, having not thought I would need it again. I was told by the receptionist that I would be charged CHF 20 for the card. As this is not the cheapest hotel, I asked to speak to the manager. She confirmed that I would be charged, as it is an administrative time consuming process to reprogram doors etc. I said this was odd, as other hotels do not seem to have this issue. She then told me if I found the card at a later date, the CHF 20 would be refunded. Which makes no sense at all, because in the meantime the "reprogramming" would have been done. I told her that I would have to give a poor review on tripadvisor, to which she replied " that is your right". Given that I had also informed reception the night before that the room (207) was noisy - it sounded like a machine room was right behind the headboard, and that the sauna was not working, the hotel really needs to look at how it treats people it is, after all, getting its business from. This penny-pinching, arrogant customer service institution does not deserve a good rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Morosani Schweizerhof Davos

Reviewed March 3, 2013

On the promenade , this beautiful renovated old times hotel is located. The renovated rooms are nice and specious, so are the bathroom which has bath tube and a shower. The dining room is very nice with great food and a very welcoming staff. The dining manager, originally for Portugal will get out of his way to please you. The fitness room is well equipped , but forget about the swimming pool, they close it for a convention room. There are still sauna rooms. The receptionists, they try to give you a good service , though they are so NOT open minded. They even tried to charge me 20 CHF for a broken electronic key. Didn't loose one, it broke, not my fought, still had to argue ten minutes on my check out.
They would drive you to the Davos Platz train station, but not to the ski gondola. They claim they don't have insurance for that. Other hotels such as the Steinberger and Sunstar hotels do drive you. So, hello, one of the most expensive hotels in Davos, get insurance , and give your client this service. The average age of the guests is very old, maybe because of its prices, still it's a very good one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Firstly, they got me in a good mood by upgrading me to a junior suite - complimentary - so a nice touch. The hotel is very clean, the food is uniformly high quality (I was on half board) and all of the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Also, a reasonable spa/gym, if needed far too much.

It is a good location in the centre of town, and I would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JonathanKlein
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spent 4 days in this hotel for business. Good organization, well equipped for seminars and plenary and good food. I had a room in the renovate part of the hotel: it was comfortable and clean but to warm and dry. I had to sleep with the window open every night and despite this it was to warm. Concerning the service: at the reception the service was very professional but I was surprised that some person could not speak french. I recommend this hotel for business events but for family or couple vacation Davos have better address.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel was overbooked. Without notice we were transferred to other hotel due to unexpected more guests of a swiss sports team. Upon arrival a story was told that our room had technical difficulties. Only after 1.5 hours of complaining we were sent back to original hotel.
In addition room is not as shown on pictures. Looks more poor. We paid over 500 chf for this bad service.

Room Tip: Make sure that you demand your requested room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MaikelH724
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Davos is not a typical small town ski resort, it's more like a small city where you have everything. Great skiing, other winter sports, lovely restaurants, shops, bars, nightlife, even culture. Aprés skiing is excellent and so is the Morosnai Schweizerhof. It's a great modern hotel with nice, big rooms, clean and has everything you need. Locations is good, close to everything. Breakfast is wonderful and the wellness as well.
Staff so friendly and helpful. I stayed there March 2012 for 3 weekends and had a great time

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent two days at the Morosani Schweizerhof on the occasion of a company workshop with approx. 100 participants. First of all I was struck by the well organized check-in procedure without long waiting queues; friendly, attentive yet unobtrusive staff, which demonstrated a good sense of humor upon broken glasses or spilled coffee, and last but not least the quality of the catering which was well above average despite the rather large number of attendees.
The room I stayed in was not the most modern except for the bathroom, but clean, spacious, and had a slight mountain cottage touch to it, befitting the location. The bed was very comfortable, and given the quiet I slept like a baby.
Anyone looking for a decent hotel to host seminaries or workshops will be well served choosing the Morosani.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business