All reviewsmain buildinglong tunnelamenities includingclean roomsski lifttrain stationskiinghairdryerpersonnelalps
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Meierhof last year as part of a DeinDeal promotion ( like Groupon) and thought we go this year again with the family (with a 3 and 5 year old) as the Deal was going on again and our experience at that time was pleasant. So instead of paying approx. CHF 900 for 2 nights we payed half that amount.
The location is good close to Parsenn (a good connection to go up the mountain to various skiing options). They also have a pool and a jacuzzi, very convenient after skiing. And reasonable good food with a children menu.
So what dramatically spoiled our experience this time was the very arrogant, obnoxious reception staff.
Our reservation confirmation detailed that we would have “the exclusive advantage of having a parking space in the garage and a welcome drink” so when we checked in and asked for it the reply was “exclusive means not included (!?!?)”. I was clearly not happy but decided to let it be at that point and come down later to speak to the person who booked our room. So when I came down to speak to Mrs Kereit the service was even worse! It wasn’t enough that the first time the receptionist wanted to make me look stupid by saying exclusive meant excluded. Mrs Kereit then said
it was indeed a text error but that I should know better, if I had read the terms and conditions of the deal (?!) and that I didn’t inform her about having children and now they had to call housekeeping to come back and make extra beds (I did inform them over the phone) that I had to bring my voice down ( and at that point she was almost shouting at me!). The blaming attitude was ridiculous when I was just asking for something that was our right anyway. So she finally gave us the key to use the garage but had the audacity to charge us at the end (we didn’t pay of course).
The hotel is supposed to be a 4 star but it’s more a 3 star really. The comfort rooms are big and spacious but no amenities. Bathrobes and hairdryer have to be picked up at reception. There was only one dispenser in the shower for hair/body soap. No soap to wash hands, nothing else in the room. No pen, no paper, no hairdryer... Not a 4 star really.
We won’t be staying here again, even with the deal, as customer service means something to us but clearly nothing to them.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Erica W
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Good renovated hotel (one of oldest houses in town) deserves 4 stars. Warm and comfortable rooms; big bed for two (big modern tv in each room); nice view out of the window; clean rooms. Nice Spa area with Sauna and Swimming pool. Drying/storage room for ski. We had Full board and food had good taste and appearance; 4 dish changes for dinner were enough after skiing in alps. Friendly and manner educated personnel in the restaurant. Several free parking places belonging to hotel and garage parking for 15 CHF per day.
p.s. dont forget to bring EU/Swiss adapter to charge devices. Also, ca 6 CHF per day per person city tax needs to be paid additionally. If you dont book half or full board, then schnitzel in the restaurant costs ca 40 CHF.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valvemerzig
Reviewed April 27, 2017

Reasonably priced hotel in central Davos. Highlights include:
- Central street location, five minutes walk to a ski lift, 10 min walk (2 min bus) to the train station, bus stop is right next to the hotel
- very good choice for breakfast
- wonderful spa amenities including an indoor pool and jacuzzi
- multinlinqual reception staff
- 2 buildings connected by a tunnel

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the second builduing, as they are further away from the main street
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank GlobetrottingMari
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended hotel!!
We were 3 couples, got the dein deal offer as well like the previous reviewers. When we arrived to the hotel, we were so surprised by the bad comments of the previous reviewers. Our rooms were very nice, staff were always very helpful and polite, 4 course menu dinner was excellent, the best thing was the breakfast. There was fresh orange juice, 3 types of real honey, selection of cheese, cold cuts, bread, fruits etc. Ski room, heating for the boots and swimming pool were really nice added features as well. The hotel is walking distance to Parsenn lifts. Thanks Hotel Meierhof. We will definitely come back again.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2017

The room generally nice, spacious and clean. Big queues at the reception though and tiny elevators cause queues as well. We booked our stay with half board and it was huge disaster, a total rip off. First. they put us in some underground claustrophobic venue. Second, on Saturday eve we waited over an hour for the main course. The explanation of the waiter was that the restaurant upstairs was full, like it was my problem. The portions were I guess for kids, I left both dinners hungry. The breakfast at least was satisfactory although they were very delayed to refill the empty platters.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple