“Nice hotel with style” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 56 Hotels in Davos
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice hotel with style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is a nice location in the center of davos. There is a possibiliy to park the car in a car park under the new building. Check-in was very fast and friendly.
The breakfast buffet is nice and has a little bit of everything even a live cooking station.
The double room had a nice living room area and a balcony and was located in the new building where also the pool is located. The two buildings are connected with an tunnel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brucewife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Richterswil, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked to stay at the Meierhof in part because the pre-Christmas offer to include free ski-passes, however when we checked-in at the hotel these were not provided, despite being entitled to them. If the hotel staff "forget" to provide such useful information then it takes the edge off what was supposed to be a treat.

For the same price, I have discovered plenty of good alternatives and will be making different plans in the New Year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mike J
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first night, I stayed in a single room at the front of the hotel. Since I live in a very quiet locations, the whooosh of traffic in the street bothered me a little. For 30 Euros a night, they offered to upgrade me to their most deluxe double with private balcony/deck. That was really worth it - and I encourage others to consider upgrading. It was at the back of the hotel, very quiet, with a very large private balcony and a good view of the mountains. It is what I'd call an "executive king suite," since the sitting area was as large as the bedroom area. Also a very large, beautifully modernized bathroom (even had two sinks, which is almost unheard of in Europe).

A nice touch is that they have mini-fridges in the rooms stocked with beer and sparkling water, and it's free (at least for single guests; I believe that couples pay something for it).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BerryWaffle
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was attending a conference in Davos. I had never been to Davos before so I was uncertain about how big the town was and the area in general. I did a lot of surfing to find a hotel that seemed to be close to the train station and the conference centre. Hotel Meierhof seemed to be situated close to both. I flew into Zurich and took the train to Davos. It was stunning both going up and back. When I arrived in Davos it was a short walk to the Hotel. I received a warm welcome. My room was a single but it had everything I needed. It also had a balcony to sit on which was good since it was very warm in Davos in Aug. I had dinner in the restaurant that night. The wines by the glass were good as was the food. They did an Italian aubergine for a starter that was as good as my mother used to make. I also asked to use the spa out of the normal hours. You need to give them 40mins to warm up the sauna rooms. I had the spa to myself and the facility was small but very nice. The pool is also good sized. Nothing was really busy in Davos and it turned out to be short walk to the conference centre. I had time for a bit of a walk on the fringes of Davos. It is truly beautiful when the sky is clear blue and the sun is out. I wish I had more time to do some hiking. There were bus loads of people, not too many who showed up to hike up the many mountains near by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HKflash
Woking
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have just stayed at the hotel as part of a travel tour stopping at 3 difference places in Switzerland with half-board. We found the hotel to be situated in a great location and our room to be very well presented, clean with good facilities. What we feel really let down by was the terrible food that is served for dinner for half-board guests. Even though dinner is a four course meal, each course could only be described in generous terms as basic. It could be said that the nature of Swiss food is rustic but the food was way below any standard I would associate with a 4 star hotel. Its such a shame as apart from the food the hotel is an ideal place to explore the beautiful town and area around Davos.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My partner and I have recently returned from a week's holiday at this hotel and it was excellent. All the staff were very polite and respectful but also friendly and the food was great. Dinner was served until 9.30pm which gave great flexibility. We had a comfort room on the 4th floor in the main building which was large and well-equipped. We received complimentary bathrobes, slippers and a basket of fruit and the mini-bar was free and restocked everyday. The beds were comfortable and the balcony was large with a table and 2 chairs. Every evening at dinner the restaurant manager came to speak to us which we found very courteous. I would definitely return to this hotel again and would highly recommend it. It is in a very convenient position close to the Parsenn funicular and with a bus stop outside. The only downsides were that the duvet was rather thick so it was very warm at night and that there is quite a bit of traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the road as possible.