“Good Value for $$ but I wished I had chosen the Studio M w Kitchenette”

All In One Hotel Inn Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Celerina
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed her for 3 nights. A family of 2 adults and 2 children. The inn was about a 10-min walk away. We took the Family Summer Special so stayed in a 4-bedded room (bunk beds) which includes breakfast and dinner. It was a very good deal at CHF200 per night. The breakfast was quite decent and sufficient for our needs, with cold cuts, bread, croissants, butter, jam, cheese, cereals, milk, juices, coffee and hot chocolate. The lady named Elsa who I sometimes see at the breakfast counter, and sometimes at the bar was very friendly and warm. She gladly helped when we asked for the milk to be topped up, or when we needed extra hot water. Generally the other staff were also quite helpful.
The quality of dinner at a restaurant La Piruetta was good but I had a bit of problem with the lack of choice. There was only 1 restaurant we could go to and the restaurant had a daily menu for guests of the Inn Lodge. This was different from their standard menu. The first day, they had salad for starter which was fine. The main was steak and as I could not take beef, I asked for options; which apparently they were not prepared with any option. To their credit, they suggested pasta with veg; and I asked if that could come with chicken, they obliged. Dessert was a delicious Chocolate cake. On the 2nd night, the starter was cheese with tomatoes which was also fine. Then came the main - Pasta with tomato sauce and minced beef....so I had to tell them I could not take beef again. They then said they can give me what I had the night before...which I did not feel like eating the same, so I asked if they could just cook pasta with tomato sauce and with chicken...this drew a blank. They said that they would check wtih the kitchen but explained that they cannot accommodate as they are not ready with chicken. So I just ate pasta with plain tomato sauce (no veg, no meat). Dessert was ice cream with strawberries. On my last night, I despaired of having the same again...lucky the main this time was grilled pork chop with french fries which I could eat. Starter was a much-welcome soup and dessert was ice cream. We paid for drinks on all 3 nights as that is not covered by the hotel. Overall I am pleased with the standard of food and the service but I really wished the restaurant had planned for maybe 2 options so guests with dietary restrictions could enjoy.
This is the reason why I wished I had chosen the Studio M w Kitchenette (without meals) instead as I could then cook whatever I like without restrictions.
On the room, it was as what you would expect from dormitories, basic, but clean and bright. Beds and quilts were decent but the pillow was way too soft, it sank when you rest upon it. The room feels a little cold but I have no idea if there is heating (can't find) and too tired to ask.
Overall, I would recommend this place but if having limited choice for dinner is not your cup of tea, don't go for the half-board option.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for All In One Hotel Inn Lodge

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were very satisfied with our stay at All in One Hotel Inn in Celerina. Although the place was big it was nice and quiet, and we were lucky enough to have a 6-dorm room for the 3 of us for both 2 days. Great breakfast enough to keep you going all day, free shuttle bus to gondola at Celerina. Easy walk to train station. Couldn't have asked for anything more! We had booked the hotel + Ski pass offer so was a great deal as well. Key works as ski pass so also very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It is located one station before St. Moirtz (Celerina) when coming from Chur / Davos. We arrived by the Glacier Express and took the Bernina Express the next day. The hotel is a 10 min walk from the Celerina station through the town. The lodge is clean and nice. We took an Deluxe Apartment which came with a microwave, cook tops, refrigerator, utensils and everything else we needed along with a mezzanine bedroom. The hotel had a nice open bar and restaurant which gave a very cosy and homely feel. Great value for money by St. Moirtz standards. Make it a base for your skiing & treks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Harkirat_Singh
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I checked in to the All In One Lodge during a ski trip in December. The hotel is a simple 5 - 10 minute walk from Celerina Train Station and the same to the ski gondola although there is a free ski during the winter which is great. The hotel is clean and modern with numerous room options. I was travelling alone so went for a dorm, although due to the time of year, there was only one other person in the room. The room was simple but what you would expect for a dorm. The hotel provides a ski room for your ski gear including waxing bench. There is a small bistro serving snacks which was reasonably priced for the area. There isn't much in Celerina, so make use of Co-op when it is open. Overall a good option for those who want to stay near St Moritz with great access to the slopes for a reasonable price!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

to get there from St. Moritz train station, you need to take 2 buses, first one is 3, then is 6 if i don't remember wrong. transfer at the city center of St. Moritz. Fairly easy. not hard. The hotel is located in Celerina. After the no. 6 bus, walking 5 minutes. You don't need taxi. The room has kitchen, which saves so much money. St. Mortitz is insanely expensive so this is a nice break from the high price. The staffs are not as friendly as the ones in Greece though. I asked for recommendation of places to go, she handed me a book to read myself first. They have a washing room, i ask for detergent, she made me to buy the detergent from her, only later I found out there are at least 3 bottles of detergent in the washing machine room. The other front desk staff is much more nicer. Just this lady. Oh well. overall it is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shan w
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The lodge was a great experience. You need to know the directions well to walk down there should you get down at the Celerina train station and not find a taxi around (chances are high). The staff was very warm and friendly and gave us good guidance around places to go. The rooms are superb with the temperature controlled flooring (saves you in winter cold) and the split setup with the bedrooms on the top and the kichenette make a delightful homely feel to it. Overall, very enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was a really lovely stay and excellent laundry facilities which was a godsend with a young family. The studio apartment with a mezzanine upstairs was lovely and the little kitchenette meant we could eat breakfast and cook the occasional meal easily. There are buses and 2 train stations close by to take you into St. Moritz. However walking via well marked forest trails was so lovely and stopping at a lake on the way for a paddle was fantastic. Paying for breakfast on the last day wasn't particularly good value but with supermarkets just up the road you can use your own kitchen. Very comfortable, clean and friendly and would definitely recommend as a base for exploring around St. Moritz especially with children.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celerina
Hotel Chesa Rosatsch - Home of Food
#19 of 33 in St. Moritz
Hotel Crusch Alba
Hotel Crusch Alba
#1 of 7 in Zernez

Been to All In One Hotel Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!