“Excellent hotel - clean and superb service”
Review of Hotel Astoria

and 1 more site!
Hotel Astoria
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Arosa
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spent the weekend here and loved the place. Great service and very enjoyable wellness area.

The hotel is just a five min walk from the lift taking your all the way to the top.

Make sure to include dinner in your booking as the kitchen is great.

Room Tip: Try to get the mountain view, amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My grown son and I were given a week winter sport holiday as a gift from my father, so I booked us two of the single 11 meter rooms. I had room 39, and even though it was small and not fancy, I loved it. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the pillow was amazing. The bathroom had a great shower and was new and spotless. The only thing missing was conditioner and hand cream, and actually that is the only quibble I have with our whole experience. There was a peacefulness in my room that is hard to explain. But even if we had the best rooms in the establishment, it is not the rooms that make this hotel so special. It is the friendliness and trustful attitude of Edith and Oliver Schmid who own and run the Astoria and their team who help them, thay made our holiday special. They have obviously thought about what makes people happy, and they try to provide it. 1) Wonderful gourmet food after a full day on the slopes. The menu always has a vegetarian option and usually has a fish option as well, so if you are kosher light, as we are, there is no problem eating there, and again they go out of their way to be helpful! 2) Spa with great sauna and steam room - so important if you are doing intense sports all the day. 3) An ability of be flexible and help you if you need something. 4) a roaring fire in the bar where you can relax before dinner. I could go on and on.
I hope to get my whole family there next year!
Thank you Edith and Oliver for giving us the time of our lives.

Room Tip: If you choose one of the little 11 meter rooms, ask for room 39, I think it is the best of their lit...
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place is recommended! Starting from a warm welcome with no check-in hustle and arraging a free parking.
The room was marvelous - all in wood with a nice bed.
Modern bathroom and extremely clean.
Very nice spa area, however only open until 19.00 but they kept it open until 20.00 only for us.
Staff very polite and nice.

Really nothing could have been better!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friendly, super clean, great location, great owners and wonderful food. Get a room on the scenic side. Wild West Night a hoot. Food outstanding and an extensive choice. Like the featured Swiss wine. Great, great service. Not over the top pretentious. Spa worthy.

Room Tip: Better views away from town.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff in the hotel were the most friendly I had ever come across and made me feel really at home. They were especially attentive when we asked for advice on ski hire/ instructors etc. and had arranged discounts with the local hire shop. We had breakfast and dinner included. Dinner was nice but may have been nice if a little less fussy - after a day of skiing I found it a little tiring to sit down for 4/5 courses. Although the food was good I would recommend ordering things without sauces if you like more simple meals like me. The after/before dinner entertainment was fun, if a little on the corny side, but perfect for kids and for keeping the traditions of the hotel alive. I have never been to a hotel that allows dogs before but understand this is normal in Switzerland - the only thing that bothered me about them being there was the early morning barking (we had one next door). All of that aside, If I were to go to Arosa again I would definitely go back to Hotel Astoria so thanks for a wonderful stay.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good and generous food. Lovely atmosphere very relaxing. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and sauna. Excellent location for slopes. The owners are hands on in making sure all your questions are clearly answered.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are just back from a lovely stay at the Astoria between Christmas and New Year with our two children - it is a fantastic family run hotel, extremely friendly, centrally located within a couple of minutes of the main lifts and the centre of town. As well as the spacious clean rooms and the warm welcome a real highlight is the food - we were treated to a five course meal each night with a great wine list in support. Really highly recommended in a great resort too

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family