“Highly recommend”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Arosa
Redding, Connecticut
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Streiff for three nights during a skiing holiday in March and enjoyed it very much. Family run with a friendly staff, the hotel has a number of nice touches and is very convenient for accessing the town as well as the ski slopes. (There's a ski-on point to the trail leading to town center about a five minute walk from the top of the hotel.) The breakfast was terrific and I thought the dinner on the half-board option was an excellent value. Highly recommend Hotel Streiff to those visiting Arosa, which itself is a wonderful spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank BAnder1708
HotelStreiffArosa, Manager at Hotel Streiff, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. Hopefully we may welcome you again once upon a time !
Lars H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Streiff is a nice small family hotel.
The staff was very friendly and accomodating.
The breakfast buffet had plenty of choices and fully satisfactory.
If the snow condition allows you can ski from and to the hotel...and the hotel has sledges free of charge.
You can walk down to the center of Arosa in 5 min.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank hbj1973
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had the good fortune of spending Christmas in Arosa. I can't say enough good things about both the town and Hotel. The Streiff Hotel is a great place for families as well as couples. The staff was very accommodating in every request and found a way of saying “Yes” to every need. It may not have all the amenities as a higher star rated hotel but we were very comfortable and can’t figure out why anyone would stay at a higher rated or more expensive hotel. We stayed in a suite with a patio area and we found the room was simple and comfortable as well as clean. We found it a very good value for the money. It is located one street above the main street (less traffic and noise) and is centrally located between both of the main ski lifts areas. The dinner specials are spectacular and the food is as good as any in Arosa. Arosa is a wonderful Swiss Alp town. It is large enough to have many options for restaurants and activity’s as well as being small enough to walk through the entire town and take in the ambiance of the area. If we make it back to Arosa, we will definitely return to the Streiff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DougBarbara
Belmont, California
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am surprised this hotel was not as nice as the reviews seemed to suggest. While one of the managers was very kind and welcoming another was not helpful or responsive to my concerns. My room did not seem well cleaned or kept up (lots of marks on the walls, a rather large stain, not very aesthetically pleasing furniture). When I talked with one of the managers to inquire about how well the rooms were cleaned she seemed offended I was asking and became very short with me. I was not looking for any sort of perk or financial break, but instead a reassurance that the room was clean. Knowing my room is clean and safe are the two top priorities I have, so this left me at dis-ease that I could not be assured of this and I felt like a burden for asking. I would not stay here again. The view out the window is very nice and took a nice hike. Arosa, which I did not know, is more suited for ski traffic as it is quite developed. I prefer more natural settings on vacation, so probably would not return to Arosa at all if I were in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank MrsMasky
Thonex, Switzerland
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Friendly staff, great location for getting up the valley and down into the village. Useful to have the minibus to pick us up from the railway station. Good food - something special every evening - and good choice for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dwwr
Zürich
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We visited Arosa for a wedding and stayed at Hotel Streiff. We very welcomed by the friendly staff at the reception desk. The room was ready two hours early, even though the hotel was fully booked and we were happy about this. There is free parking behind the hotel, very important, as there is no public parking nearby.

The newly refurbished standard room is very spacious and has a modern interior. The baby crib that we had requested was ready and the staff was kind enough to include a children's bath tub, children's soap and towel and a bath robe for children. Perfect!

The breakfast buffet was very good, a small buffet but very exquisite with a wide range of bread and cheese and delicious cereals. We can definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend with children.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cyberbob2000
Richmond
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had the pleasure to spent a night at the Hotel Streiff for a night while I was traveling through Switzerland on a ski vacation. The service at the hotel stood out the most. From the front desk, to the restaurant, to the cleaning group, everything was great. The morning breakfast is the typical spread of meats, cheeses, cereals, pasteries and juices. Hardy and tasty. Dinner was also very good. The location of the hotel is not as inconvenient as it may look on the map. You can ski from the hotel down to the lifts. I was told that there is a trail from the slopes to be hotel but despite trying, I could not find it.

I took the train into town and was very happy to have the hotel send a van to pick me up. They were also very accommodating by taking me back to the station when it was time to leave.

The hotel has a great kids play room. Complete with (free) video games, movies, toys and fusball table. I will have to come back with the kids.

• Stayed January 2012