Hotel Schoenegg
$150
Hotel Caprice(Wengen)(Great Value!)
$213
  • Breakfast included
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen(Wengen)(Great Value!)
$185
$179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Alpenrose Wengen(Wengen)(Great Value!)
$201
$191
$158
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Falken Wengen(Wengen)(Great Value!)
$146
$207
$163
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalf boardtrain stationtop floorfirst floorthe entire staffsun terracehotel restaurantwonderful hotelbeautiful roomreading roomfive nightsswiss hotelloved this hotelmountain viewfive minute walkevery nightbreakfast was included
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Another great visit to the Schoenegg Hotel. Philippe is a great manager, Hubert is the worlds best chef and Elisabeth is a terrific waitress. The rooms are in excellent shape, my wife Bartie and I recommend a nice stay at the Schoenegg!

In every direction there are fabulous hikes! Call Heidi for a great massage!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Year after year we return to Hubert Mayer's restaurant at this Romantik hotel property. He is part of the Swiss fresh food movement and features the best of the best of meats, suaces and special fresh vegetables. His plats du jour are very reasonable and outstanding. You can dine in the very formal and classic dining rooms or on nice days sit on the terrace and see the snow covered Alps. It is a short walk from the lift as there are NO cars allowed in Wengen. So if you are going to Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken make a trip to this fantastic restaurant and we guarantee that, like us, you will return year after year for the delicious and original food. It is by far the very best we have experienced in the region after 7 visits to the area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We can only echo what other posters have said about this great hotel. Phillipe and his wonderful staff were the friendliest we encountered in Switzerland and the hotel exceeded our expectations. Our room was comfortable with a small balcony looking straight down the street to the amazing mountains beyond. This is the view from most of the rooms in the hotel which unfortunately they don't show on the website. There is a sundeck which also boasts the same views. We chose the half board option and were so glad we did. The restaurant's four course set menu was absolutely delicious every night and the chef was happy to substitue another meal if there was something on the menu we didn't like. For the best view in Wengen walk up to the left behind the hotel to the small church, it is amazing looking straight down the valley. We loved this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed to have a view of the mountains. I don't know why they don't use this as a selling point on the website as the view was what everyone was remarking on. There is no real advantage to a higher room as the hotel is on the hill and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was so much better than we were already expecting, having read good reviews on Tripadvisor before we booked. It's a short walk from the railway station so no taxi required...and close to the cable car to Mannelichen. The manager Phillippe was very polite and extremely helpful in all respects. The decor was what we expected to find, with a quaint Swiss Chalet-type atmosphere. We had a Family Room, which was actually 2 separate rooms, much to our surprise! The 2nd room had bunk beds and its own basin, mirror, wardrobe etc. and both rooms had balcony and great views. The restaurant area was lovely and fortunately for us the weather warm enough to sit on the terrace with great views, to eat our delicious 4 course dinner. This was fine dining at its best, made even better for me as I require Gluten Free meals. The chef understood this, and I was told which courses were Gluten Free and when they were not, a Gluten Free alternative was offered. I thoroughly recommend this hotel. If you are unable to get a room here, at least come to the restaurant for a treat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fimat
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am reluctant to write this review only because I want to keep this wonderful hotel to myself! The Hotel Schoenegg is just about perfect. The rooms are newly renovated and comfortable, with much attention to detail (including even little things like having a great hair dryer). The staff is incredibly warm and friendly -- Philippe, the manager, could not be more lovely, helpful and patient with our many requests for hiking recommendations. And best of all, after a day of hiking in this breathtaking area, you can come back to a spectacular meal. Chef Hubi is AMAZING. His meals are creative and delicious, and he is more than willing to accommodate food restrictions or preferences. I am vegan and was a bit worried about how I would eat in Switzerland, but Chef Hubi made me a three course meal every night, each course better than the last. This is food that could easily compete in a major cosmopolitan city. I love it so much here, I am already planning my trip back for next summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family