“Christmas dinner, and we couldn't have chosen any better.”
Review of Hotel Schonegg

Hotel Schonegg
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our Swiss Chef Sylvain Stefanazzi Ogi offers a refined kitchen, with national classic sents inspired by mediteranian cuisine benefiting from his Italian roots. The cosy Restaurant 1903 all in old wood opens only in the evening, in summer these dishes are as well served on our panoramic terrasse if weather permits. Opening hours summer & winter 18:30 – 22:00
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place is amazing. I cannot say enough good things. The service is so incredibly friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere is crazy gemuetlich, and the food is something you will dream about. We went here for drinks before dinner almost every night we were in Wengen, because the atmosphere was so lovely. Then we went there for Christmas dinner, and it was amazing. A perfect Christmas dinner.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The greeting was very nice, until we started to ask questioned regarding the menu, " do you have any side dishes of vegetables" we asked.The waitress ( Erica) made us feel like we were from out of space...... Talking to us like we asked something really bad.
She said, as you can see we have....so she explained the menu again,Then we asked if we could have some carrots or potatoes, she then said ( after she gave us attitude) We can do you carrots and potatoes, the meal came it was very nice but my meat was rare after I asked for it to be med to well... The potatoes came but no carrots came, we didn't
Say anything because to be honest Erica the waitress didn't care... she collected
Our bill never asked us one thing.......
Very disappointed, I really think the manager
needs to replace her with someone
With more personality

Philippe A, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Schonegg, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Paul832_12

Thank you for your review about your dinner at our Restaurant. I regret that you did not thoroughly enjoy your evening and I apologise for this. Our Restaurant Manager Erika also apologises. She has very high expectations of herself and of her team and it is her main goal to see our guests leave happy.

Personally I think that it is not appropriate to mention names on Tripadvisor and to defame someone publicly after having met the person on one occasion. I can assure you that Erika did not mean to be rude in any way. She has been a very valuable staff member for the last years and I hope that she will be part of my team in the future. Many clients, new and regular guests appreciate her happy nature and her professionalism in the restaurant; this can also be read in several reviews about our hotel. I would have appreciated if you had mentioned your criticism to me personally during your visit when I came by your table. We could have discussed the issue and maybe this would have reduced your discontent a little bit. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

I wish you a very nice continuation of your stay in Wengen and I would be happy to welcome you at Restaurant Schönegg again. Best regards, Philippe Allenspach, General Manager.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Each room has a lovely little patio with a view of the surrounding mountains and valley. Efficient Swiss size is good for a couple and really when you are in Wengen-you want to be outside anyway.

Lovely friendly team led by Philippe who greeted us upon arrival from the USA and was always available for assistance and advice.

The half board was an exceptional value considering the high quality of food.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as well... But that is a different review all together (was an amazing experience though).... So we dined here on the last night of our stay... We told the manager well in advance that we are vegetarians so that the chef can prepare accordingly... The server who served us was extremely sweet and listened to our every need very carefully.... They started by serving us a paprika mouse with seasoned sea grass which totally blew us away... And then came in the lemongrass curry soup and mushroom soup which also very delicious... The flavours were so different from what we were having from past few days but still made a lot of sense... Then we were served with the delicious mushroom and potato+beetroot dish which was also yummy... For deserts we were served with creme brûlée with mango chutney which was again 10/10.... In short amazing and totally different food... Whenever i am in switzerland next i will make it a point to dine here again!

1  Thank WB_Travelog
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I organized and guided a Custom Hiking Week with 20 Guests who had all sorts of special wishes around Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. We had a Dinner at the Schönegg that exceeded our expectations.
From Vegan to Vegetarians and Seafood Lovers to Beef Tartar addicts, all were stunned by the Taste and Quality of the delivered Meals.
The Team of the Schönegg went the extra Miles to produce a Food experience out of mostly Local Products for us. Under the Guests was also John Mackey the Founder of Whole Foods and part of its Leadership Team along with Friends and Family. Some dubbed it "Extraterrestrial" and could not stop to rave.
In one Word - Perfect