“great food, pleasant view, great service”
Review of Hotel Schonegg

Hotel Schonegg
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our Swiss Chef Sylvain Stefanazzi Ogi offers a refined kitchen, with national classic sents inspired by mediteranian cuisine benefiting from his Italian roots. The cosy Restaurant 1903 all in old wood opens only in the evening, in summer these dishes are as well served on our panoramic terrasse if weather permits. Opening hours summer & winter 18:30 – 22:00
Reviewed June 18, 2013

As mentioned by other reviewers, several of the staff greeted us as we were dining. The food was excellent with large portions of servings. It isn't the best view in town, but still a very nice view. We would definitely go back again if we had the time.

1  Thank juancit0

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was excellent, service great. Very fine cuisine, not too heavy. Delicious. 4 course meals with creative choices. Felt like fine restaurant in NYC.

2  Thank vacationaddictMD
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The dining room is beautifully wood panelled and has that romantic/rustic mountain feel. The staff were friendly, helpful and relaxed (in the best way possible).
The amuse bouche of smoked trout on seaweed was a very tasty start. The bread selection one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of tasting and the set menu as well as the a la carte selections all looked very imaginative and inviting.
My wife and I chose a selection and shared all plates throughout the meal to make the most of what was on offer.
As starters we had the lambs lettuce salad, which was easily one of the best I've ever had and the three different creations of goose liver. The goose liver creme brule was out of this world as was the goose liver pate on honey bread and the goose liver praline with black nut.
Our first course was lobster royal on yellow carrot puree, which I personally wasn't a great fan although the puree and the lobster individually were very tasty. The second dish was lobster filled pasta with a lobster sauce, which was so good that I almost ordered another helping.
The mains of lambs' rack and veal fillet were both heavenly and expertly cooked and presented.
The Swiss Malanser Blauburgunder cask matured was an excellent companion to both the lobster and meat.
To round it all off we had a very varied and tasty cheese selection and of course the espresso was good too.
I thought it a nice touch that the chef came to every table to ask if all was alright.
Overall a great eating experience, which I can highly recommend.
We both had a glass of very good prosecco, a glass of white wine and a bottle of red.The final bill came to just under 300 swiss francs (approx. £210) without tip.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wonderful first class food. The chef, Hubi is very talented and creative. We rate the four course dinners as some of the best if not the best that we have eaten anywhere in the world!

1  Thank MargiMC
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The cook would come out and talk to the guests. He would ask me how he could accommodate my vegetarian diet.