Hotel Silberhorn
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsa la carte restaurantrailway stationcable caroutdoor hot tubwonderful spaspa areahotel directorconvenient locationpacked lunchski hire shopfish or vegetariannice roomgreat holidaylauterbrunnen valleyfantastic locationmain courseon a half board basis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Railway station is right at the gate of this hotel which is very convenient for traveling to and from Interlaken or Jungfrau, the customer service we got (and also saw other guests getting) was exceptional.
I would say their staff is the best in the world when it customer satisfaction and service.
We forgot our bags at the hotel after checkout and boarded the train, on one call, the staff was generous enough to put our bags on the next train (hats off). And not just us, we saw the staff going well and beyond for other guests as well.
The hotel has nice rooms worthy of 4 stars, it has a nice restaurant and a huge spa area.
The view from our room balcony were amazing.

2  Thank 143travel83
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Silberhorn every September for the last ten years or so and think of it as a 'home from home'.
We love this village high in the Bernese Oberland and have tried other hotels but the Silberhorn is our favourite !
The rooms are of good size, comfortable and traditionally furnished.This is where we discovered that two single duvets are better than one on a double bed ! Meals are very good and we like 'The Morning Post' at breakfast with local activities and a weather forecast, as well as an introduction to a member of staff pictured on the back page.
The hotel provides little touches of superior service,a 'turn down' bed service for instance ,and the staff are invariably helpful,cheerful and pleasant.We look forward to our next visit even as we head towards the little mountain railway station on our way home !!!.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the station area also have stunning mountain views.However to watch the Jungfrau Marathon any balcony is a plus.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is the third hotel we have stayed at in Wengen and although the least expensive it has been by far the best. It is as though they have taken a careful look at what their more expensive colleagues just miss the mark on and added them to their standard service. What really sets them apart and into the 5* league is the genuine helpfulness and willingness of their friendly staff. Not only were they keen to make every part of the stay enjoyable they saw the problems before we had noticed them and put them right.
We were accompanied by an elderly relative in a wheelchair. The situation close by the station was ideal and the staff really made a fuss of her. She has stayed in some of the most luxurious hotels in the World and it is enough to say that it is the first hotel for which she has no complaints at all and fullsome praise for the helpful staff.
The icing on the cake was the provision of a daily packed lunch which was ideal for our mountain walks and trips out although I have to add that this was part of our holiday package there is normally a charge for this service.
The jacuzzi was wonderful, but if this hotel had a swimming pool it would be worth an extra star in my view. The downside is that it would then be too expensive for many more people to enjoy. The breakfast buffet was superb and included prosecco, smoked salmon and 'live cooking' of omelettes etc. The evening meals offered an excellent choice and although sufficient did not leave you feeling stuffed and unable to sleep.
We are considering an apartment in Wengen but this hotel would be our choice for future stays.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the station and the Brunnental have large sunny balconies
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I agree with the reviews about the hotel's beautiful location, easy access to train station, wonderful breakfast, great customer service, great spa! BUT, I recently had a single room there for 4 nights. The room looked perfect when I arrived, great view, nice balcony, seemed like everything I needed. As soon as someone checked in next door, I became pretty irritated. I heard every word they said and could hear their tv as clear as if it was in my room and it was not very loud. There seemed to be zero sound barrier between the rooms :( Also, every time someone walked down my hall or opened or closed a door on my hall, my whole door rattled and made a loud noise. Every time it would wake me up and I am a pretty sound sleeper. It was loud and sounded like someone was coming in my room each time! Basically, I got no rest at this hotel which I desperately needed after hiking the beautiful area each day. On top of that, the last night a smoker checked in to the room next to me and when I woke up the next morning, my room was literally filled with smoke. It is a week later now and I am still sick from my smoky room. So, there clearly needs to be some type of update at this hotel to help with the sound and smoke barrier and the doorjams need to be fixed!!! I sadly would not stay here again even though it is a beautiful location!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jennifer F
DirektionSilberhorn, Manager at Hotel Silberhorn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are very sorry about the inconveniences you had during your stay at our Hotel.
We always try to do our utmost to satisfy our guests and to make their stay enjoyable. As our whole hotel (including hotel rooms) is a non-smoking hotel, clients have the possibility to smoke on the balcony. We are very sorry to hear that the your room was filled with smoke after the night as this must have been a very strong smoker.
We are really sorry that you could not sleep well.
It is much regrettable that we did not know about your inconveniences on place and that we had no possibility to make you feel more comfortable; for example, changing the room would have been possible.
We would wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to give you the proof that this is not our standard.
For now, we wish you all the best and hope that you recovered.
With kindest regards,
Giuseppe Giuliano, Management & Team Hotel Silberhorn

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed only one night and were kind of sad that we had to leave due to our schedule! Excellent service, attitude and attention from ALL the staff we encountered, from check in to maid service to wait staff in restaurant. The buffet breakfast is marvelous, much more than you would expect. Not the Ritz Carlton, but very clean, roomy bathroom and well furnished. Close to train station. We had a 4th floor room, with balcony view of the Jungfrau Alps....couldn't have been better! And, very fair rates.

Room Tip: pay a little more and get the balcony view of the Alps!