“Exceptional staff”

Hotel Jungfraublick Wengen
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wengen
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a family run hotel with super-friendly staff. The hotel is on a quiet spot but still quite centrally located.
The rooms had comfortable beds and WLAN was provided without request. At dinner they served nice food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CandMBe

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great price, great staff, great view. All the basics & the best price around! The hotel also provided all the information I needed to go exploring the next day, which was very helpful. I was very pleased to find that they had wi-fi in the room, which I wasn't sure about, since the description I read in September said it was a cable connection. The only suggestion I would have is to upgrade the towels. They were a bit old, but still very clean. The entire room was so very clean, that it's in the top five cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. And I don't know what kind of pillow I slept on, but it was more comfortable than my pillow at home. I will definitely stay here again, when I'm lucky enough to get back to this beautiful region.

Room Tip: Get a balcony view. Breathtaking...sunrise to sunset!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LuluPA
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I think everybody has already said all the great things there are to say about this hotel but for us the outstanding features have been the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the fantastic views from our room balcony. This hotel is in an elevated position, a little away from the main street in Wengen, and this meant, at least in September, that it was also wonderfully quiet and peaceful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tipishca
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our family of four- 2 adults, 2 children stayed at the property for two nights. I HIGHLY recommend this property. The staff is very hospitable and informative. I regret I cannot remember the wonderful gentleman who checked us in. He recommended we take the cable car up the mountain and take the panoramic trail. A experience that my family will NEVER forget! A MUST! At checkout we met what I believe was the owner. What a wonderful gentleman also. Our rooms (we had 1 room w/ balcony third floor facing the mountains and our children stayed in a room across the hall without a balcony) It was so nice just strolling through Wengen. Plenty of little parks for the children to play in. Nice restaurants to try. Stay here. Stay in Wengen! Convenient to SO much! Go to the "Top of Europe"

Room Tip: Must spend the extra to get a room with a balcony facing the Alps. It was so peaceful, so beautiful...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CDJanet
Reviewed August 25, 2012

With a weekend free during a business trip to Switzerland decided to visit jungfraujoch. Easier to stay close by and work collegue suggested Wengen.
What an amazing place.
Hotel staff very accomadating. Room had great view of the mountains. Just stayed the one night but if ever return to Switzerland would come back for sure. I only booked the day before and I am amazed that everything was so smooth.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JaT1963
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel Jungfraublick is located just a few minutes from the Wengen rail station. It's very close to everything in Wengen.

The hotel is a traditional Swiss hotel that reflects the care and hospitality of it's owner. Our room was on the third floor and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. Words can't really describe the beauty of the Swiss Alps and to be able to wake up to that view was a privilege. Our room was a little small, but had everything we needed, was bright and cheerful and was perfectly clean. We enjoyed it.

I must note that Ralf Frick was a wonderful host. He went out of his way to help us navigate Wengen. The hotel is reflection of many years of his care upkeep, it's in perfect condition.

The only room for improvement would be at breakfast. Breakfast was good, but offered a limited choice of items. This may have been because of the relatively slow summer occupancy, but a few more choices would make for a better breakfast.

Good hotel, I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grizfamily1
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nice hotel a short walk from the center of town. Very friendly staff, comfortable beds and very clean. Good basic breakfast.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family