Hotel Restaurant Baeren
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Regional, seasonal and fresh We will treat you to regional and international delicacies in our Restaurant Baren, Wengen. Our dishes are prepared using fresh and seasonal regional produce. Vegetarians and lovers of fish will also find some dishes here. To accompany your meals, we serve numerous fine speciality wines from Switzerland. A fine meal with friends Celebrate a birthday quietly or in style with many friends. Raise your glasses to a successful business year. Maybe a romantic dinner for two. Our restaurant can accommodate your very personal needs. Mountain air and active living promote a healthy appetite Definitely a case for the Baren kitchen. Our experienced team will solve your case with culinary finesse and quality ingredients. A taste experience for those who delight in variety. The result: Regional and original, a modern interpretation. Wine for every taste In our cellars you will only find fine European wines. We focus on Switzerland, Italy, France and Spain. There is something here for every taste and budget. We are happy to give you a recommendation and all of our wines are also available to take with you.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We visited Baeren on our first night in Wengen and were pleasantly surprised. We got the earliest reservation and received flawless service. Every member of the staff made sure we were taken care of -our water and wine glasses constantly full, refilled our bread basket without request and made sure we were satisfied with every course. Each course was a perfect size and spaced out just enough. There were not very many ingredients on each plate and were quite basic but the flavors were great. I loved the spicy prawn dish even though it was a bit salty. My favorite course at any meal is dessert and their Meringue mit Glace was one of the best things I have ever had. I am not a big fan on meringue but paired with their ice cream and fresh whip cream it was amazing! The only negative was that we did not receive their specials menu which all of the surrounding tables received, I would of loved to try their specialties.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel was recommended to us by a local, and what a great suggestion! We had dinner here on New Year's Eve. It was a fantastic meal--six courses, gorgeous presentation, and the highlight for me was a visit from the local bell ringers on this special night. I'd seen this on travel shows and wanted to make sure we'd see them on NYE. When I called to make our reservation, I asked about the bell ringers and the owner told me the bell ringers come into the restaurant. That sealed the deal for me! What a treat to not only cross something off of my travel bucket list, but to enjoy an incredible meal, as well!

I think the bell ringers only come on New Year's Eve, and the restaurant books up quickly. I made our reservation several months out, and we took one of the last available tables. If you're going to be in Wengen over New Year's, eat here!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Having heard a lot about this restaurant we booked in for dinner our last night in Wengen and were not disappointed. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was attentive, the wine list was extensive and the food was fantastic! We will come back here the next time we are in Wengen.

Make sure to book - it was very busy and I imagine we would not have gotten a table had we not booked (they also have lunch if you can't get a table at dinner).

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The friendly, family run Bären Hotel offers non hotel residents the opportunity to enjoy their excellent restaurant which specialises in local produce. Its popularity is confirmed in the fact that they offer two sittings in busy periods; one at 6.30 and another at 8.30pm. We have a chalet in Wengen and this is one of our favourite places to eat with friends particulary when we're with our respective kids (separate table!) who are well catered for; apart from kids menu there is a kids room with wifi, DVD, and table tennis table. Apart from menu de jour the a la carte selection offers some fabulous options including my favourites; the substantial, rich 'fall off the bone' lamb shank and also the succulent tender lamb fillet. A recommended must if you're looking for a delicious restaurant meal a short walk down from the station.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

great atmosphere and excellent meals. Althought more expensive it was good value compared to other restaurants as the food was of a very good standard.