“It's not rated five from five for nothing”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wengen
Christchurch,New Zealand
“It's not rated five from five for nothing”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Can only reiterate the glowing reports of others. Faultless in every respect, fits the bill for travellers of all 'colours'. I recommend you spend the extra for the mountain view balcony room, you will regret it if you don't. Would return in the blink of an eye, only I'm now broke! Wengen is of course car-free, accessable by train only and a walkers paradise in summer, oh so many options. Far better choice that Lauterbrunnen which has the tendency to get over-run with coach tours. Peaceful town with a great casual vibe.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the mountain view or die regretting the fact
1 Thank PaulNZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Second time around for our family staying at this wonderful and welcoming hotel with a genuine personal service that makes us feel like coming home to our own family - or better! Highly recommended to families, groups, couples or singles - suits everyone! Very good value for money!

Room Tip: They have large quadruple rooms with one double bed and one bunk bed!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cecilia G
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is all wooden with swiss charm, the owners and staff are so friendly and helpful showing us places to check out around the region.
Very clean comfortable rooms and had an amazing view over the snow covered mountains.
Great breakfast and love the sauna.
I have only wonderful things to say about this place my favourite hotel in the 11 countries ive visited in europe.
Will be back again....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank smithfire
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights from July 25 to 28 2014. It was more of a home than a hotel. Daniel and family was like a family hosting us. Experience the living example of the Indian saying in Sanskrit "Atithi devo Bhava" which translates to "Guest is God". Thank you for the wonderful 3 days.
Excellent food and trust-able guidance are all part of the package which valued beyond what money can buy. Ajith & Hima

Room Tip: I stayed in 109. Corner room with Balcony and windows on two sides with excellent views all around...
1 Thank Ajith C
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is a treasure. It's clean, and cosy, but most importantly, you feel so comfortable. It's not fancy, it's homey and Daniel and Susanne and the whole staff are so welcoming. Plus, Daniel can advise you on a multitude of different hikes and activities in the area.

The rooms are super clean and comfortable (yes the bathroom is small). Great wifi throughout, common rooms with books and games, even ping pong table and a sauna in the basement.

They provide a nice breakfast and a great price for dinner. Just 25 CHF per person for a really good meal with a menu that varies each night.

I wish all hotels were this charming. Stay here.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Susan L
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We selected Hotel Edelweiss on the basis of very enthusiastic reviews on another website, and all our own experience confirmed everyone else's very positive comments. From first booking Daniel (manager & soon-to-be-owner) was extremely helpful, & he & his wife continued to be so right through our stay. We booked for B&B then took up an very good offer on 4-course dinners for the durstion (7d) of our stay: breakfasts were self-service from a good selection of Swiss foods, and you may eat as much as you want; dinner menus were for a fixed 4 courses (different every evening) & were delicious, prepared by an excellent Austrian chef. The well-selected wine list was of mainly Swiss wines & those we tasted were most enjoyable - nice to get the chance to try wines which are not much exported. There were pleasant seating areas with tea, coffee & drinks available on a charming honesty-box basis. Our room was spacious, comfortable & with a nice balcony overlooking the Jungfrau & Silberhorn. Everything everywhere was spotlessly clean. Hotel staff (from manager downwards) were charming, friendly andf helpful. We would stay here again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: The whole village is car-free & so very quiet (and we live in the country so we appreciate quiet...
1 Thank David T
Orange, California
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked my reservation many months prior to my first visit to the Interlaken area of Switzerland. I wasn't sure where to stay and chose Edelweiss based on Trip Advisor reviews. I can see that the reviews have even gone up more since I looked back in January. First, Daniel was so helpful in making my reservation. He responded promptly to all emails and questions. I had a hard time calling him, not realizing how to dial Switzerland, so he was going to call me. he was so pleasant to talk to and made me look forward to stayng there. Upon arrival we were greeted by him. he took his time to explain this region and answer all questions. I knew when booking that we were staying at a 3* hotel! but as you can see, I have given this five stars out of five stars. The hospitality here is wonderful! breakfast is included, although it is not a hot breakfast, but very satisfactory. I urge you to book dinners with him. Each night is a different four course meal and is very filling and is a taste of foods from this region and is a great value. Our room: we had three adults and we had plenty of room. The room looked nice and fresh and has good, comfortable beds with fluffy comforters. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. There are a couple of rooms downstairs to enjoy yourselves in and relax. I took some time out to go down to one and have some cups of hot tea and read a book while looking out the windows to God's beautiful country. I guarantee you will love your stay here. I will be sad when we leave. Honestly, the only thing missing is a big roaring fire. Thank you Daniel (and your lovely wife) for the wonderful memories we will take home with us.

Room Tip: I love my room, but you may want to ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank disneykathie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wengen
Hotel Belvedere
Hotel Eiger
Hotel Eiger
#1 of 11 in Murren
Hotel Victoria-Lauberhorn

Been to Hotel Edelweiss? Share your experiences!