“Loved Hotel Edelweiss - Can’t Wait To Go Back!”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wengen
Oregon
“Loved Hotel Edelweiss - Can’t Wait To Go Back!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

From the minute we walked into the Hotel Edelweiss we felt at home. Daniel greeted us, immediately offered refreshments and took our luggage to our room. He is the most welcoming host I have ever met. My son, age 16, and I stayed for 2 nights in June and can’t wait to return. Dinners and breakfast at the hotel are excellent and the self service espresso machine and refreshment refrigerator in the lobby (honor system) were a welcome treat after a long day visiting sites.

We had a top floor, south facing room with a balcony, which had an amazing view of the mountains. The room was cozy, very clean and simply furnished with very comfortable beds. Daniel was readily available to provide information on the Wengen area or to just chat. This is a great family hotel, but could also be a romantic get away. I would highly recommend the Edelweiss Hotel for the view alone, but the warmth and wonderful service can’t be beat!

See roadstosomewhere.com for more about Wengen and Top of Europe

Room Tip: Request a top floor south facing room with a balcony in the older section. The view is fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DROBINSIN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NJ
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed one night. The staff was really nice and helpful, they knew a lot about hiking in the area. The room was nice and clean, nothing fancy but good value. Location is about 5 minutes downhill, so be prepared to climb it back up...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank liapazu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in August. Very reasonably priced hotel in Wengen and the owner is very friendly as well as helpful in providing tips to the area. The room are basic, but very clean and rustic. But it's the views that makes this place amazing. We woke up to a view of Jungfrau from our window and balcony, then you turn to the left and a view of the waterfall on the other side of the valley. The area is very quiet and peaceful, very quiet in the evenings. IF you like wine, they also stock a few wines produced locally that's worth a try. I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would pay a little more for room that have an balcony and ask for the side facing Jungfrau.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

the view from my budget room has to be seen to be believed, I look straight out from a balcony to the jungfrau.

Daniel, the type of laid back, honest and sincere Christian you wish there were more of, runs the place with a ready smile, and helpful attitude when needed.

The 3 course Dinner is a bargain by Swiss standards, and tasty to boot!

And they have an internet PC in a world gone crazy with wifi, it was so good to be able to sort out logistical issues with a good internet connection, when just up the road at the train station they want a franc per 5 minutes of what could at best be described as dial up speed.

I strongly recommend this place, yet also feel I want to keep it a secret, its that good, because all the budget backpackers seem to get only as far as Lauterbrunnen, leaving Wengen to be a relatively peaceful spot, with what can only be described as a heavenly perch above the Lauterbrunnen valley. Go the local church for the utterly sensational view down the valley.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank blisteringbarnacles
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Edelweiss for two nights in the beginning of August. We were welcomed into the hotel by the charming reception guy (Daniel?) who gave us all the information we needed to know about Wengen. The room had a nice cot in it for our 8 month old, as requested. The room was nothing special, but clean and awesome views of the Jungfrau. When we checked in it was rainy so the cloud cover totally blocked the view, but when we woke up the next morning....WOW. We couldn't stop taking pictures. Overall, not a fancy hotel, but five stars for what it is: A top of the line, charming, family run hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CF566
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our stay at Hotel Edelweiss was amazing! Everything from the hotel staff, beautiful mountain views and the amazing chef made our visit that much better. I can’t express enough how beautiful the area of Wengen is. The hotel was quaint and comfortable, with great views of the glaciers. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Daniel the manager of the hotel always stopped to talk with us about our day and he gave several great recommendations for hiking.

The restaurant within the hotel had some of the best food I have ever experienced. The chef’s passion comes out in his incredible dishes, everything was very fresh and he made his own dressings and jams. We ended up eating there every night because the food was that good. Each night you got a 4 course meal and every night it was some amazing dish. Our experience overall was one of the best I have had traveling. After hiking around the mountain area for 4 days and visiting other villages, we recommend staying in Wengen above anything else in that area. Thank you Hotel Edelweiss for making our vacation that much better.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a balcony, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shangirl7
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband, two adult sons, and I spent two nights at Edelweiss in Wengen, Switzerland, and had a fantastic time. Wengen is near Interlaken, only accessible by train from Lauterbrunnen--talk about an adventure. The hotel was very comfortable, and out of our window, we could see the Jungfrau, such a view. The people who run the hotel are among the nicest, most helpful folks I've ever encountered at a hotel. I thought they were terrific before we left; it got better. I left my glasses there and they are sending them to me in the US free of charge. When I insisted that I pay, they replied that it was part of their service. In addition to a very nice breakfast, they offer dinner for an additional charge. The cost was very reasonable, and the menu was very nicely done. Unless you're looking for (and willing to pay for) a 5 star hotel in this are, I can't imagine a better place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BelindaBatten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wengen
Hotel Belvedere
Hotel Eiger
Hotel Eiger
#1 of 11 in Murren
Hotel Victoria-Lauberhorn

Been to Hotel Edelweiss? Share your experiences!