“Warm and cosy value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Wengen
Singapore, Singapore
“Warm and cosy value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I booked this hotel last minute through booking.com because I could not find availability in another hotel which I planned for. I never regretted the decision. The hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating. Also the hotel staff are trained to be honest I believe, most of the things I left in my room were quite expensive and they were all safe. There are enough hangers and the television has all sorts of channels to watch from as well.Check in was not a problem at all. I just walked in and in a couple of minutes Martin showed me to my room..My room did not have a mountain view. Not sure if single rooms have mountain view. But I only stayed in the room at nights as I was out the whole day and I could see the mountains from the hotel dining area...There is a small lift which goes up and down..I used it all the time..as I hate walking down the stairs - esp when I'm tired. If you need anything, it makes sense to ask them. I had forgotten the electric plug converters, and when I approached them, they had a box of plugs from which I could choose the ones I needed for my laptop and phone charger. Also they were gracious to let me use the guitar. I kept it in my room and played it when I was in. Also they offered to print my air ticket since I wanted to do online check-in. The rooms are clean and the room service is perfect. They change the towels everyday and ensure that bathroom supplies are replenished. There was no problem with the hot water (24/7). They have free wifi. wifi is sometimes weak in the room, I was able to access it one day and the other day, went over to reception as the signal is better there. The management is very kind and helpful. I joined them for dinner since I was alone. They re nice people and also offered advice on weather and sensible trip plans. They also have a chapel in the basement where they have prayers each evening (ard 15 mins). All guests are welcome. They sing and play piano and the guitar beautifully and its nice to get to know other guests as well. The views of the mountains from the hotel are amazing. The hotel is 10 minute walk away from the wengen train station. A downhill walk, so if you have problems climbing up and down, then you might want to take the wengen taxi. But for me it was nt a problem as I did nt have much luggage.They have a four course dinner - 25 francs. Edelweiss is not a 5 star hotel but it is a safe cosy place where you are safe and great service...I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: check if room has mountain view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

we had a fantastic experience in the Jungfrau region thanks to the hotel manager who is generous. This is a decent family oriented hotel and a home away from home. My kids just loved the playroom in the basement.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank paedlam
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

This seemed to be quite a popular hotel when I was searching for the hotel in booking.com and after reading the reviews in trip advisor, finally concluded that this would be the right hotel for us. It was a 10mins steep walk to the railway station and being in resident of the plains and specially since my wife was not well, it became little tough for us to do to and fro more than once in a day. The room had a beautiful view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was typical with cereal, cheeses, meat, and breads. But there were no fruits. The Dinner was great too.

The proprietors are very nice and took care of us. The best option is to have dinner in the hotel. At CHF 25, one can have a 4 course meal, which was quite reasonable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Anindo_Aditya
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We found this hotel last minute when we saw the weather would be clear at Jungfrau. Called them directly, gave us a great rate and took our reservation without a credit card. The hotel is not on the main street, but was quiet, near a small park for the kids. Its just a 5 minute walk downhill from station. Our room was very clean - spotless actually - and decent in size, not miniscule ( a first for a Swiss hotel room!). We stayed with our two children, ages 7 & 10, so had a room with two singles and a bunk bed. Opened our room window and had great view of the snow-capped mountains! The owner and staff were some of the friendliest people we met in all of Switzerland!! They were extremely flexible and generous! This hotel is a gem and we have already recommended it to friends and family.

The only small downside is that the Free Wifi signal must be weak in the rooms because despite having the code, we could not log on. The positives vastly outweigh this however and we would definitely stay here again and again. Best deal in all Wengen!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffMercedes
Landstuhl, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Had a great time at this hotel. Check-in was very speedy. The staff was very kind and friendly. Though the room was small, it was clean, had a balcony, and a gorgeous view of the mountains. The free internet was a plus. Since my bf and I were staying for 3 nights, we got 1 free hr at the sauna and it was amazing!

Breakfast was included and there was much to offer. If you get a chance, try having dinner there at least once.

The location is great, but you do have to travel down a road to get to the hotel, about 5 minutes from the train station. Not bad when you're walking downhill but when you're constantly walking uphill all the time, it can be a pain.

Like I said, the train station and the cable car is only 5 minutes away, so skiing/snowboarding/skiing, etc, is not too far. Lots of places to rent if you need.

Can't really say anything negative, except it was pretty expensive for 3 nights for a tiny hotel room, but then again, Switzerland is expensive. Also, though it was very quiet at night, you can hear lots of kids running around during the day, esp. if you wanted to catch a quick nap during the day after a long day of skiing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank areynado
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

Single room was small but well sized and very comfortable. Loved the duvet. Breakfast was a nice spread and I had a delightful dinner experience. Hotel was clean and reasonable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank icapoo
San Diego,CA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

Hotel is in the town center ,There is a beautiful mountain view.Breakfast is great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 7traveler77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wengen
Beausite Park Hotel
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen
Hotel Silberhorn
Hotel Silberhorn
#1 of 7 in Lauterbrunnen

Been to Hotel Edelweiss? Share your experiences!