“Great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Jungfrau

Hotel Jungfrau
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Murren
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here with my husband on a Rick Steve's tour. The staff was wonderful and rooms clean. Some of the rooms have wonderful views of the mountains if you request it. A few of the rooms have sloped ceilings, so if you are exceptionally tall, make sure you clarifiy what room you will have. At 5'8", I had no problem. They also serve good food and drinks!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 2 young children in sept, 2011. Murren is excellent place to be and this hotel is very well situated but I find hotel receptionist rude and unwelcoming. First she argues why there are 2 kids with you, while you are paying for only 2 people and My reply was according to hotel policies, children under 6 stays free. Next statement was, I've to charge you for kids breakfast, well I reminded her again that it is against her hotel policies. Next statement was bizarre as why kids are coughing, that was really low point of my trip, I felt like she is asking me to leave my kids on road and move into hotel.

Never recommend this hotel if you are travelling with young kids.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank samsarwar123
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at Jungfrau Hotel for a week at the end of August. It was one of the most wonderful vacations we've ever had. Alan and Veronique were amazing hosts. We asked them questions constantly about where to go, what to see, good hikes, etc. They were always available, knowledgeable and friendly, and they never steered us wrong.

Our room was wonderful, with a good bed, and an unbelievable view of the mountains and town below. It was an amazing thing to wake up to.

We got a package called "Adrenalinkicks with transports," which was perfect. Don't let the name scare you, it was a great, reasonably priced and very simple way to see the area. The package included our stay, breakfast (the best hotel breakfast we've ever had: eggs, bacon, cheese plat, cold meats, yogurt and fruit, etc) and dinner (amazing 4 course meals every night, can't say enough about how good the food was) as well as a transport pass that takes you all over the area and 2 guided items: a via ferrata (harnessed hike along the mountain edge) and tandem paragliding (wow!). Both of these were absolutely incredible, and having them organized for us in advance made the trip so easy. Over a 5 day stay, this was the perfect amount of scheduled time vs. free time. We never felt rushed, and we got to see the area in some incredible ways.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Batya06
Reviewed September 2, 2011

First I'd like to caution people who are reserving a hotel that there are at least three "Hotel Jungfrau"s in the area--one in Interlaken, one in Wilderswil, and one in Murren. The one we stayed in was in Murren. In addition, there are several hotels with some version of Jungfrau in the name. Although I can understand why a person who is living in the area permanently would prefer to stay in a larger town such as Interlaken, I don't understand why a visitor would choose to sleep down in the larger town, or even down in Wilderswil, when Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Wengen and other small villages are complete with hotels and restaurants and are in the middle of the scenery you've come to the area to enjoy. With that said, here's my review: The Hotel Jungfrau in Murren was a good hotel with a good breakfast. The lobby was modern; the staff polite, efficient, and helpful; and everything looked well-kept. The accommodations were comfortable. The bathroom was small...for example, you couldn't sit on the toilet and shut the door, but the fixtures worked, including the sink which was actually in the bedroom. Our room had a view of the mountains over the tops of the neighboring buildings.. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Although it isn't especially luxurious, it has modern amenities, is very comfortable and clean, and was a good value for the money considering prices in the area. You do have a bit of an uphill climb from the station but you can't escape uphill climbs if you are going to be touring in the Swiss Alps.

Room Tip: I liked our room on the front of the hotel which overlooked the Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau peaks.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingcaroline
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is an emotional review to write, as my husband and I stayed at this hotel seperately before we met (about 10 years ago), as a couple (about 5 years ago) and most recently with our first child just a couple of weeks ago. So all very different requirements. We loved each one of the experiences and our needs were always caterered for. Our rooms were once again the perfect size, perfectly clean and the views were outstanding. We cannot praise the staff and owners/managers highly enough. The food was divine and Murren is simply one of the most beautiful places on earth. If only we can have a holiday like this every year, thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BudgiesLondon
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here last summer and the staff was amazing and very friendly. The food was delicious and healthy. Definitely try the Fondue and Raclette. The rooms were of good size and views of the mountain tops were spectacular. Through out the day, clouds would drift around the hotel and even through the windows, it was like staying in paradise. The only thing I would say is that hallways pick up noise very easily so if you have loud guests, good luck sleeping in! The free passes to the Sport Centre were nice but definitely treat yourself to the Eucalyptus Steam Room there, that alone makes me want to come back. The hiking trails and gondola service make this a great base to hike from.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank travelbird31
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The tiny hamlet of Mürren in the Bernese Alps attracts thousands of tourists every year. Nestling in the Alps, the little village is teh ideal starting point for hikes, tours to the Lauterbrunnen valley and to the world famous Schilthorn revolving restaurant. I have stayed several times at the Jungfra hotel in Mürren and each stay makes me want to come even more often to this idyllic place. The Jungfrau Hotel is run by Véronique and Alan Ramsay and they do that extra mile to make your sojourn happy and memorable. The hotel boasts an excellent restaurant, a well equipped bar and facilities for skiers in the winter season. The rooms are cosy, well equipped and warm.

Highly recommended hotel for small and large families.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo