“Stunning Views, A Most Memorable Visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Murren
Vancouver, BC
“Stunning Views, A Most Memorable Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Hotel Edelweiss in July and had a corner room with a balcony that overlooked the Eiger, Moench & Jungfrau mountain peaks. SPECTACLUAR!! Prior to our 3 week trip to Europe my wife was not very interested in going to Switzerland, but when it was over, this part of our trip was her favourite part of the trip. What makes this Hotel is the view. Our room was modern, clean and very comfortable, however, these would be features you could have gotten in several other Hotels, but you could not have replicated the view. From our balcony the mountains felt so close and being at 5,000 feet we had great views of the peaks and also of the valley below. You know that when you see Helicopters travelling back and forth below you, you are at a high elevation. An unexpected pleasure of staying here was watching the weather patterns change. One evening when we were on our patio enjoying the view with a glass of wine, we watched a layer of fog/cloud rise from the valley floor and entirely shroud the view in a matter of a couple of minutes. 30 minutes later, the fog was gone and the view was restored. We found the service and the breakfast to be very good, but the outstanding feature of this hotel is it's location and the view. We loved it!

Room Tip: I would definitely pick a room with a view and a balcony. Try to get a corner room and that will fur...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed, only for one night, at the Hotel Edelweiss in Murren a few weeks ago. Contrary to the last two reviews, we found our room to be quite spacious and the service to be very friendly, overall. The room was comfortable, and the balcony was lovely. The breakfast was filling, and there was a lot of different choice. I also think the price was quite reasonable for such a high-quality three-star. They had also recently completed a renovation - the rooms seemed very well-designed with new fixtures and materials. All in all, I can highly recommend the Edelwiess if you're visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is not recommended for family especially with young children. The staff is not tolerable for small kids and seems stressed out. One of the staff members shouted and yelled on our 5 year old son instead of taking with us and being polite.

We are from US and are used to a different treatment at home. The lady was very rude and seems over worked in the restaurant. My daughter (6 year old) was shocked and said that she will never visit Murren again because of that experience. It spoiled our evening. The food was mediocre. I would strongly recommned their neighbour for food and lodging (Alpina hotel).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ShahinIqbal
Colorado Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights. I was supposed to stay 4 nights but the room was very expensive for what I got. I had no balcany and it was supposed to be a double room but when I moved to a single room in another hotel in Wengen it was as big or bigger than this one that was booked as double.

There is no phone in the room and no shampoo or any of the normal amenities you expect in a hotel. The best thing about this place is the food. I'd say the food is pretty good. The manager Daniel is helpful but I think they are understaffed. He was not only running the front desk but was also serving food in the dining room and When I arrived after a long trip there was actually no one at the front reception. Had to use a phone to call someone to come and there were several of us checking in.

I would highly recommend the Best Western Hotel in Wengen. For less money per night you get much better service at a 4 star hotel. Also one thing you should know is that this hotel is down a steep hill. After hiking all day and being tired I didnt have the energy to also hike again from the hotel back to town for dinner.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank marilynjanis
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed overnight in October. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was super clean and well-insulated, the bed was comfortable, food was good, and all in all, had a great stay. I would happily stay here again when I visit Mürren again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate lunch here and enjoyed an incredible view on the terrace. Service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding. My salad was fresh, and the goulash soup was complex and delicious. My husband's fitness platter tasted too good to be healthy. The salad was fresh and delicious, and the chicken with herb butter was marvelous. There's no language barrier, as Brits and Americans appear to be the primary clientele. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MIlwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here unplanned after a full day of hiking. Last year we had spent a couple nights here with our two small children. That was a great experience as well. Again, we were impressed by Daniel, the owner. We stayed in room 104. It was perfect. The balcony was wonderful and after living in Switzerland for two years the view from the balcony at this hotel still blows my mind. First of all you are just about on the edge of the cliff down to the Lauterbrunnen Valley. You are at 1600 meters and You can see down to the valley at 900 meters and up to Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau at over 4000 meters. It's really incredible plus there are all sorts of waterfalls in view across the valley. I honestly do not understand why anyone would choose to stay in Interlaken. Plus the water pressure in the shower was awesome and the breakfast is great. We did another full day of hiking on the provided breakfast. We will choose Hotel Edelweiss again whether by ourselves or with the two little ones.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple