“Service was very poor - Bad experience in restaurant”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Murren
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is not recommended for family especially with young children. The staff is not tolerable for small kids and seems stressed out. One of the staff members shouted and yelled on our 5 year old son instead of taking with us and being polite.

We are from US and are used to a different treatment at home. The lady was very rude and seems over worked in the restaurant. My daughter (6 year old) was shocked and said that she will never visit Murren again because of that experience. It spoiled our evening. The food was mediocre. I would strongly recommned their neighbour for food and lodging (Alpina hotel).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ShahinIqbal
There are newer reviews for Hotel Edelweiss

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights. I was supposed to stay 4 nights but the room was very expensive for what I got. I had no balcany and it was supposed to be a double room but when I moved to a single room in another hotel in Wengen it was as big or bigger than this one that was booked as double.

There is no phone in the room and no shampoo or any of the normal amenities you expect in a hotel. The best thing about this place is the food. I'd say the food is pretty good. The manager Daniel is helpful but I think they are understaffed. He was not only running the front desk but was also serving food in the dining room and When I arrived after a long trip there was actually no one at the front reception. Had to use a phone to call someone to come and there were several of us checking in.

I would highly recommend the Best Western Hotel in Wengen. For less money per night you get much better service at a 4 star hotel. Also one thing you should know is that this hotel is down a steep hill. After hiking all day and being tired I didnt have the energy to also hike again from the hotel back to town for dinner.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marilynjanis
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed overnight in October. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was super clean and well-insulated, the bed was comfortable, food was good, and all in all, had a great stay. I would happily stay here again when I visit Mürren again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate lunch here and enjoyed an incredible view on the terrace. Service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding. My salad was fresh, and the goulash soup was complex and delicious. My husband's fitness platter tasted too good to be healthy. The salad was fresh and delicious, and the chicken with herb butter was marvelous. There's no language barrier, as Brits and Americans appear to be the primary clientele. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here unplanned after a full day of hiking. Last year we had spent a couple nights here with our two small children. That was a great experience as well. Again, we were impressed by Daniel, the owner. We stayed in room 104. It was perfect. The balcony was wonderful and after living in Switzerland for two years the view from the balcony at this hotel still blows my mind. First of all you are just about on the edge of the cliff down to the Lauterbrunnen Valley. You are at 1600 meters and You can see down to the valley at 900 meters and up to Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau at over 4000 meters. It's really incredible plus there are all sorts of waterfalls in view across the valley. I honestly do not understand why anyone would choose to stay in Interlaken. Plus the water pressure in the shower was awesome and the breakfast is great. We did another full day of hiking on the provided breakfast. We will choose Hotel Edelweiss again whether by ourselves or with the two little ones.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cmoore80
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I don't know how you could possibly improve upon the view. We had a beautiful room, very contemporary and comfortable with a balcony. The first morning I was startled to see a paraglider soar past the balcony within 25 meters. We were given wonderful directions and suggestions for a day hike. The day was one of our best ever. We even borrowed a day pack. Thank you Hotel Edelweiss for the care and wonderful memories.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldair
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a family run hotel where nothing is too much trouble.
The owners and staff are extremely friendly and extend all their guests a warm welcome.
The rooms are clean, modern and very comfortable, with south facing ones giving superb, uninterrupted views of the Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau and all other Lauterbrunnen valley peaks.
The food is of the highest standard, with a nice dining room offering magnificent views of the mountains.
My wife and I have returned to this Hotel on an annual basis for almost 10 years and have always been highly satisfied.

Room Tip: Most South facing rooms have a balcony and all give superb, uninterrupted views of the Eiger, Monch...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple