“Wow”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Alpina
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Murren
Reviewed August 28, 2009

When I first got to Switzerland I got the impression that Americans weren't well liked there. I noticed this for a couple of days until i stayed at Hotel Alpina in Murren. Its located above Interlaken, and from what I saw, is a perfect place for the winter. My wife and I were on our Honeymoon and really really enjoyed this family owned hotel. The desk staff was friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. They also run a kitchen there which is terrific. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danpittman
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alpina

Reviewed August 27, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Alpina for 4 nights and the view was to die for, especially in the evening watching the Alpenglow. Food was very good, the room was clean and comfortable, just what you expect from the Swiss. We were on the top floor, and wood have liked to have an elevator/lift, however, other than that small detail, we have nothing but very fond memories of the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2009

The hotel owner, Miss Cecilia and her son are very friendly and hospitable. My husband and I were so delighted with our stay. We brought our mini yorkshire terrier with us and they never charged us anything for our dog. Breakfast was inclusive and was good. Just your typical bread, butter, marmalade, coffee, juices, cereal, yoghurt, tea and hot chocolate. But I loved it especially their hot chocolate (Caotina Surfin' Hot chocolate)! We had a small room with a balcony facing the valley which I thought was awesome! I love the magnificent view. i would love to go back. They do have one computer for quick internet use but you have to pay 5CH for 15 minutes use only. If you're the type of person who loves simplicity and don't expect much from a hotel, then this is the right place to stay. Simple and clean.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SassyCatie
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed June 15 and 16, and liked it so much we stayed the 17th also. We were with another couple who loved the hotel as much as we did. Fantastic view from the balcony--spend the extra money to get a mountainside room. Very friendly staff, excellent service, nice rooms. Ours was a little crowded, because there was an extra bunk bed in it. We had no problem with the cigarette smoke that some people complained about--just a slight odor in the halls. The breakfast was an excellent, European style meal. We would definitely stay here if we ever return to Murren.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel is situated in a fantastic position overlooking snow-capped mountains and is within easy walking distance from Murren Railway Station.
Throughout our stay we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was reasonably sized with good bahroom faclities and very clean. From the balcony, (a wonderful place to sit after hiking all day) there were breathtaking views of the mountains and valley below. The food was ok but it would have nice to have a choice of menu rather than the set four couse meal.
Murren itself is a lovely quiet village with many hiking paths clearly signposted in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I have stayed at Hotel Alpina 3 times in the past 4 years, most recently for 2 weeks in June 2009. If I could just move in and live there I would! The Taugwalder family and other staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure guests feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. The views are spectacular from both the rooms and the dining areas. The hotel is perched right on the edge of the cliff. While sitting on your balcony sipping hot chocolate you can watch paragliders spiraling down below you and admire the awesome views of the snow capped mountains (in all directions), waterfalls, glaciers, rainbows, and the beautiful green valley far below. On an earlier trip I stayed at another more expensive 3 or 4 star hotel in Murren (only because it was part guiding hiking tour), but I actually preferred Hotel Alpina. There wasn't anything wrong with the other hotel, but it just wasn't as awesome as Alpina. My sister came with me on my recent trip and she was also very impressed with Alpina. I hope to return to Murren soon and will definitely stay there again. If necessary I would even modify my trip dates to be sure I could stay at Hotel Alpina.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The hotel is perfectly situated- right on the cliff, just a couple of minutes from the train station. The view was awesome- the staff super friendly and helpful. Great value for the price (compared to the surrounding hotels). Rooms are slightly small, but very clean. we had a large balcony with view. we would definantly come again.
The half board was ok, 4 course meal, but no variaty to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple