Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews piz gloria cable car mountain view blue skies the hotel staff excellent view train station ferdinand schilthorn switzerland alps balcony snow luggage sauna alpine cars
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights October and I literally had tears in my eyes when we had to leave Murren! We hated to leave this special place! The hotel is situated in a perfect location. Wonderful views and next to the cable car station. We were lucky enough to be there on their first snow of the season and it just made this place even more magical! The staff is super friendly and wonderful from the front desk to their restaurant on location. We loved our room (room 31)...very comfortable and clean. We had a private balcony that faced the mountains. We ate dinner at their restaurant and everything was fantastic! I had their signature dish - veal with mushroom cream sauce that was delicious!! Breakfast was included with our room and that was fantastic as well. Hike down to Gimmelwald from Murren! So many wonderful hikes around the area and visit Lauterbrunnen in the valley as well. Take a quick trip up to the Schilthorn and enjoy breakfast up there. The hotel will give you a voucher for that. Thank you to the Chalet Hotel Alpenruh for an unforgettable trip!!

Room tip: Get a room with a mountain view!!
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

This was a charming hotel at the end of the main road into Murren. Easy walk from the cable car. The views from the deck of restaurant were spectacular. The views toward to the street were quaint (in the morning you can watch the cows being walked through the street toward the hills) and inspiring with the steep green hills.

Wish we'd stayed longer than 2 days here.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed September 14, 2016

This hotel is next to the cable car stop so is very convenient if you have luggage. Many of the rooms have terraces with views of the eiger, jungfrau and monch. The hotel is clean. The beds are comfortable. There is a small lift to help you w luggage. Staff friendly. Breakfast awesome!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2016

This hotel is ideally placed for the cable car stations which give you great access to all areas of the Jungfrau region
A well decorated hotel in the normal wooden Swiss style. Nice restaurant with wide range of food and drinks. A very good buffet breakfast with a nice range of meats bread cheese yogurts and juices.
rooms are basic but clean and well maintained.
The best asset of this hotel though is the staff who are exceelnt, nothing was of too much effort for them on any request we had . On one occasion when my wife wasn't feeling up to the four course evening meal they prepare a simple meal for her on request. A very friendly place to stay and highly recommend .

Room tip: Get a mountain view room if possible
Reviewed September 8, 2016

The review below from Charles E. can safely be ignored. I was in the same group as him on Saturday and all of the food we had was delicious. I enjoyed the best Kaesespaetzle I've ever had in Switzerland and my mother said her lamb shank was excellent. The waitresses remained polite at all times despite Charles E's rudeness. I have seen beef tartar served many times in Switzerland, and only ever seen it come with "Toastbrot". Perhaps Charles E. should learn the national language before complaining so loudly and rudely in English. My apologies to the waitress for his behaviour. My mother and I were incredibly embarrassed. Please don't think that all British people are as rude as him!

Trip type: Traveled with friends