Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews piz gloria cable car mountain view blue skies the hotel staff excellent view train station ferdinand schilthorn switzerland alps balcony snow luggage sauna alpine cars
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2016

This hotel is next to the cable car stop so is very convenient if you have luggage. Many of the rooms have terraces with views of the eiger, jungfrau and monch. The hotel is clean. The beds are comfortable. There is a small lift to help you w luggage. Staff friendly. Breakfast awesome!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2016

This hotel is ideally placed for the cable car stations which give you great access to all areas of the Jungfrau region
A well decorated hotel in the normal wooden Swiss style. Nice restaurant with wide range of food and drinks. A very good buffet breakfast with a nice range of meats bread cheese yogurts and juices.
rooms are basic but clean and well maintained.
The best asset of this hotel though is the staff who are exceelnt, nothing was of too much effort for them on any request we had . On one occasion when my wife wasn't feeling up to the four course evening meal they prepare a simple meal for her on request. A very friendly place to stay and highly recommend .

Room tip: Get a mountain view room if possible
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2016

The review below from Charles E. can safely be ignored. I was in the same group as him on Saturday and all of the food we had was delicious. I enjoyed the best Kaesespaetzle I've ever had in Switzerland and my mother said her lamb shank was excellent. The waitresses remained polite at all times despite Charles E's rudeness. I have seen beef tartar served many times in Switzerland, and only ever seen it come with "Toastbrot". Perhaps Charles E. should learn the national language before complaining so loudly and rudely in English. My apologies to the waitress for his behaviour. My mother and I were incredibly embarrassed. Please don't think that all British people are as rude as him!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Olivia H
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Had dinner at this hotel on 3 September 2016. Ordered the house speciality of beef tartar which was supposed to include 'chips'. Contrary to what I was expecting, we were served a huge bowl of soggy toast while the chips turned out to be a couple of tiny pieces of crisp-bread on top of the beef, which in itself was very average. If this indeed was the house specialty, glad I did not have anything that wasn't. Overall a very disappointing experience. We escaped as quickly as possible down the mountain for something more substantial and tasty in Lauterbrunnen. Verdict' great views of the Eiger etc, but eat elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

My idea of heaven. The Jungfrau region. The views to Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau. The Swiss hospitality, charm, cleanliness, attention to detail. The proximity to the Schilthornbahn. Paradise. Eden. Perfected.

Date of stay: September 2015