“Great schweinerschnitzel, good carrot ginger soup”

Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Murren
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante & Pizzeria Bar & Pub
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We had pork schnitzel (breaded), carrot ginger soup and rösti. The rösti were a bit soft and burnt (my wife liked them, but I prefer crispy), but the vegetables were fresh and flavorful. I would order the schnitzel and soup again.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (338)

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We ended up eating here for both nights we were in Murren. We had a cheese fondue the first night and raclette, schnitzel, and salad the second night. The apple strudel and apricot cake were both amazing and their Guesthouse coffee was a perfect end of the evening with dessert. Our server both nights was from Portugal and was a great source of information for the area. It was busy both nights and this restaurant is highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank kelownatraveller
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Good food,
friendly staff
a lot of different dishes and a lot of food for children.

i vil certainly come back

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

For my money this is the best place to eat in Murren.

By Swiss standards it wasn't too prices and the food was very good particularly the chorizo rosti.
The two ladies that run it are lovely and friendly and make all the guests very welcome. We are here twice out of three nights and stayed around after for a couple of drinks and a few games of pool.
We really enjoyed it.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank ronanh45
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We ate at this traditional Swiss restaurant because we were staying at the guesthouse upstairs. The food was pretty good, and service was average. I had the raclette with potatoes and pickled vegetables (really liked these, but they didn't give you many). My husband enjoyed his rosti with sausage. We shared a yummy apfelstrudel for dessert. We ate inside due to the weather, but I'd try to eat outside for the great views. Overall, I had better meals in Murren, but worse ones too.

Date of visit: July 2016