“Cosy spot, good food”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante & Pizzeria Bar & Pub
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

The Eiger Guesthouse is casual and cost and not pretentious. We were lucky enough to sit next to two locals and ended up talking to them for most of our meal. That's the vibe here - local, comfortable with solid food. We had a pizza and pepper steak Rosti. Both enjoyable with great flavor.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (338)

Reviewed June 22, 2016

We went for my girlfriends birthday on May 19th, 2016. It should have been a wonderful experience according to the other reviews and restaurant ranking. The soup, salad and fondue were extremely too salty, we only managed to eat several bites and then had to quit after several glasses of water. I asked the waitress if the cook had a cold and could not taste, she did not respond. Therefore I asked her again and she was entirely indifferent. Then I inquired if I could speak to the manager but the manager never appeared. I asked for the bill, when it arrived there was not a monetary adjustment, 55 Swiss Francs for a bad experience. I have a word of advice, try to practice a little customer service and adopt a different attitude, ie "attitude adjustment".

Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

Very average food. Very good service. We did lunch and found the pizza OK with thin crust that was the star. The rosti was average as well.

Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

We had a great fast lunch adjust across train station. The mixed salads and sandwich were fantastic. Great friendly staff and reasonable

Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Lunch was awesome. We tarted off with a carrot soup that was thick and chunky (evidence of real carrots and homemade) and a salad). My wife had the veal with cream sauce rosti and I had the bacon onion rosti with cheese. Both were excellent. A rosti is a hashbrown pancake with stuff on top (meat, cheese, veggies, etc.). A highly recommended dish in Switzerland. Excellent stop for lunch.