“New menu. Great success.”

Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Murren
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante & Pizzeria Bar & Pub
Bath, United Kingdom
“New menu. Great success.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Excellent kitchen & front of house give you a fantastic experience. The new menu and wine list are superb.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
saudi arabia
“Solid meals, good selection”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a good place for pizza as well as other dishes. The atmosphere is nice (lots of wood and leather) and they have several good beers on tap. Our family ate here daily (4 days) and always were pleased with the food and service.

Visited January 2014
“family friendly”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our family of five had a great meal here. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. All good! There was a children's menu and we ate here twice.

• Visited September 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“Try the rösti”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I ate here on both nights of my stay in the Guesthouse, and I came back the second night because the food was so good on the first night that I saw no reason to eat anywhere else in Mürren. I had a rösti the first night and the schnitzel the second night. Both were generously sized dishes and very tasty. I especially enjoyed ordering the schnitzel and then hearing the chef pounding out my order within minutes.

Service is friendly and efficient. The hotel proprietor, a woman named Ema who appears to be a favorite among the locals, is likely to be hustling right along side the hired help to make sure everyone is served with no delay.

I'm not an adventurous eater or I might have tried some of the game on the menu, and since I was traveling solo a fondue was out of the question, but there's something for everyone.

The prices were a bit steep but that seems to be a Swiss thing; I found the same to be true in Interlaken and Basel. But you do get good value for money, and there's a full bar and a very warm atmosphere in the place to augment your meal. I recommend it if you're staying elsewhere in Mürren and would consider it essential dining if you're staying in the hotel.

• Visited September 2013
Tappahannock
“Nice place to sit down and eat, Very Helpful Wait Staff”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had walked many days on our trip to Europe and it was always nice to be able to sit down in a nice place and have a meal, especially when the wait staff is good.

In this instance, we were served by a lovely young lady that was from Mexico (if my memory is correct), and she was a delight. The location is very close to the lift that brings you into Murren, so it is a good place to stop when you first arrive to town, or a good place to eat just before you depart.

My wife, two daughters (14 and 12), and I enjoyed our meal and would go back again.

• Visited August 2013