“Worst service ever”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The menu does include very few options for people having food allergies and the waiters do not show any comprehension for the guests' needs. I expressely asked for a salad without dressing and I got a salad with mayo sauce. I pointed out that I did not asked for that dish and the waiter did not even say sorry nor proposed to change my dish. Last but not least service is slow and personnel approached us in swiss german even if we spoke high german. Friendliness is a foreign word in this restaurant.

4  Thank chiaramex
There are newer reviews for Staeger Stuebli

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The food was forgettable and I can't remember the service. I recall waiting, but we were focused on other tourists there. It was also quite expensive for what it was, but I expected that. However, the convenience of being close to Chalet Fontana was great. It wasn't a friendly or welcoming place. I've dined at small places and had a wonderful time - this wasn't one of them. Next time, I'll head down to the pension in Gimmelwald where the people were very friendly and inviting.

2  Thank Rolfe H
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Being half swiss I was so excited to bring my new husband to Murren and explore the Alps. We saved the Stager Stuebli for our last night because of Rick Steeve's high recommendations. We were barely inside the door when a very uninviting waitress/hostess coldly greeted us and told us they couldn't serve us. Speaking in Swiss & with it being only 6:30 I offered many options including waiting in the completely empty front room we were standing in. We offered to order drinks, appetizers, anything without success. It was my husband who insisted I give up because although he couldn't understand what she was saying, her facial expressions and rudeness were painful. My experience with this unwelcoming and downright mean woman was an ugly contrast to the beautiful background of my beloved and beautiful Switzerland. I had never ever encountered any Swiss like this woman. She clearly was unhappy in her job and hopefully not Swiss. I can only hope the owner corrects the tone and culture of his staff for it unfortunately left a terrible mark on our Murren experience. On a positive note, Hotel Blumental received us with open, warm arms and humorous service. We had a blast with the waiters and soon all the patrons were laughing and talking wtih each other as we compared stories of arriving by default due to stager stupid service!!

2  Thank HappyTraveler618
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there as recommended by Rick Steve's who is usually very reliable. These people could not have been more rude. We asked for a table...too full. We'll wait....don't bother! We'll sit outside...we won't serve you. Can we wait?? Don't bother. Are you kidding? Left and went to Hotel Blumenthal and had a wonderful experience.

Do yourselves a favor and skip the arrogance of Stager Stubli. Couldn't be more rude if they tried. The girl working as hostess definitely not Swiss and should be fired tomorrow!!

2  Thank Tom D