“Holy lots of sugar, batman”
Review of Tea Room Frutal

Tea Room Frutal
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Meiringen
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We ordered the meringue for two with ice cream and whipped cream. It is HUGE and the meringue was like eating sugared cardboard - I think that's what it's supposed to be like, but it was just too much. And really, I love sugar. I mean, I love it. So for us to not finish it, I'm saying it was (1) too much and (2) not really that tasty. But I think it's practically a moral obligation to try the meringue in Meiringen.

2  Thank Rooindie
There are newer reviews for Tea Room Frutal

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Being diabetic I could only watch in envy as my wife demolished her stunning meringue. What a lovely tea room.

2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rather slow service but well worth waiting for - the meringues and lashings of cream are to die for. Well you can't go to the home of meringues (Meiringen) and not indulge can you?!

4  Thank chalkieuk
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

A superb and always busy tea room which serves the best meringues ever!
Food overall is excellent and with great service too. This is a place definitely not to be missed.

3  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Meringues are said to be called meringues because they were invented in Meiringen. (That's the story, anyway.) So when I got off the train in Meiringen I asked in the information office where in town did the best meringues, and they said here.

The meringue was magnificent, all shot through with powdered chocolate and elaborately decorated with slices of fruit, and not as expensive as I'd feared. It was strange, to an English eye, for a meringue to be served on a glass plate rather than china, but I suppose that's just how they do it in Switzerland.

4  Thank ELear