“The Eiger - Visiting the summit”
Review of The Eiger

The Eiger
Book In Advance
More Info
$141.34*
and up
Eiger - Jungfrau Glacier Panorama View (from...
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great train rides to the top. Not cheap. $1,000 NZ for 3 adults. Only people, my son and I, in shorts but then that is the Kiwi way!

4  Thank NZPhilb
"alpine"
"skiing"
"region"

Reviewed April 27, 2013

After reading the Beckoning Silence, the desire to visit and see first hand The Eiger was top of the bucket list for my partner. And it did not let us down! We visited in December 2012 and styled in the the fairy tale little town of Grindelwald, with the majestic Eiger towering over the village and her quaint little restaurants and warm and friendly people we were overwhelmed with the beauty of the area. A further train trip up to the top of Europe Jungfrau mountain just topped the experience for us. This magnificent valley weaves its beauty into our souls and we left wanting to return again! Treat yourself to some peace, tranquility and be prepared to be amazed!!

6  Thank Shirley A
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Its beauty does make my heart race! This is my third trip to the Eiger and I always promise to come back to this incredibly mind saving place. It's like this giant anchor in the earth that speaks to your soul a word of comfort and of excitement. The sheer cliff is a real magnet for the outdoors people while if you want a drink in your hand while watching the hang gliders; it's all ok with the Eiger. He's that way!!!! I'll return Eiger! Promise!

1  Thank Travel4Bizz
Reviewed August 7, 2012

What an amazing sight. The Eiger is a stunning mountain. Many serious climbers attempt this mountain but I just enjoyed the view from the satefy of my balcony.

2  Thank lucy L
See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Jungfrau Mountain railway puts this wonderful experience within the reach of everyone. With 3 day and 6 day passes (quite expensive though) avilable from the rail station and online then the travel around the entire Mountain region is esay. Do be aware that the Mountains do make their own weather though. Often the Jungrfrau is totally shrouded in cloud and you will see nothing. On a blue sky day though the views are superb and amazing.

3  Thank Willow E