“food and atmosphere are superb”
Review of Jungfrau Brasserie - CLOSED

Jungfrau Brasserie
Cuisines: Swiss, Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very pleasant dinning experience at winter night in Interlaken. My friends and I ordered red wine which was recommended by the head waitress to go with the main course, beef, we chose. All the people who served in the restaurant are helpful and with courteous smile. It is advisable to dress up a bit then just enjoy yourself ! A great place to go for special occasion or friends gathering. 三月初的茵特拉根 夜晚仍涼 這家餐廳名氣大 餐廳服務人員服務佳 單點 套餐或沙拉吧都不錯 也有好酒可供選擇 素食者也能變出一道好看好吃的主菜 雖然到現在也想不起特殊調味料的中文為何? 此乃高檔餐廳 適合節慶 紀念日 和家人好友享受 服裝整齊是基本禮貌

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Arriving inInterlochen jetlagged and sleep deprived we elected to eat at the hotel. What a good choice!

Meal started with a "ham salad" amuse, potato and leek foam with small pieces of ham. I would never have chosen this...but it was fantastic and I briefly debated asking if I could have more!

I moved on to the Salmon with mustard sauce as my actual starter. I didn't love the mustard sauce. My three companions all had the green salad. Very generous portion, and the greens were amazingly fresh. The vinaigrette was phenomenal. The portion was so large that my husband generously shared some of his with me. It feels odd recommending a salad, but really, skip the salmon and get the salad!

I had the beef tartare in the appetizer sized portion for my main course, very yummy. My companions variously had perch, calves liver and beef stroganoff The liver was a particular standout, although all plates were cleaned!

Service was good, although European (meaning relaxed) which Americans will experience as slow.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stopped by with a group of friend in Interlaken on a Friday morning. Lovely day, sun came out and we decided to enjoy a nice coffee on the beautiful looking "La Terrasse" terrace at the Victoria Jungfrau Hotel.

Positives:
Beautiful chairs/lounges overlooking the Junfraujoch mountain
Excellent coffees (when we got them)

Negatives
Appalling service in general
Huge waiting time to order
Waiting time to drinks being served
Huge waiting to second order
Waiter left with bill and money, NEVER CAME BACK
I had to go and fetch the change, found her chatting.

In the bar:
2 Managers (dark suits)
3 waitresses
5 clients (3 outside including ourselves)

Well just chocking for a 5 star hotel.

This is our analysis as Swiss tourists for the rest of the world:

This hotel lives from Seminar/Events and Japanese, Indian, Russian etc tourists. The first ones don't pay for their stay and don't mind this kind of service, the second don't always realize the poor service they get probably thinking this is the price to pay to get the Swiss experience.

Hotels complain they are loosing business due to the expensive Swiss franc, well we believe this is not the main reason.

1  Thank AsiaLovers
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Unfortunately not sufficient for a Hotel of this standing. The cuisine lacks inspiration and creativity. Price/quality ratio very low.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

You can enjoy the garden during the summer--for a coffee or a snack. A walk from the hotel to the railway station is a nice plan.