“Susi's B&B - Value for Money”

Susi's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interlaken
Susi's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 46 Interlaken B&B and Inns
hong kong
“Susi's B&B - Value for Money”
Reviewed November 1, 2007

Having made up my mind to visit Swiss for a week, the acco was an impending question given the spiralling cost prevalent in Swiss. I chanced upon Susi's B&B at Interlaken as I had decided to stay in Interlaken.

Having no clue about this hotel, it appeared to fit my bill and the fact that it was close to Interlaken West train station. After going thru a couple of reviews on this hotel, I decided to take a chance as this happened to fit my budget.

All I was looking for an acco was - proximity to railway station as I had planned to explore the Swiss beauty thru its trains, able to cook as I was a veggie and hence I knew I'd have limited choices outside, internet connectivity, basic amenities for a couple, neat and hygenic place to live in for 7 full days and of course the fact that it should suit my budget.

After landing at the hotel after a 2 hour train journey from Zurich airport, I was hoping to receive a warm welcome from the staff along with a reasonably flamboyant appeal. Nothing of that sort appeared on the first glimpse though. I got my room keys, stepped into my room to find myself in a small room with attached bath. First impression - was not quite elated about the place. But, no sooner I realized it was definitely worth every penny I spent on this hotel cause, the owner Fritz was a very warm person who incidentally is the fourth generation carrying on with this business.

Fritz himself by virtue of being a great sport who's almost toured the whole world did give some wonderful tips and inputs about places to visit in Swiss. Inputs about the local weather, tourist attractions from Fritz did make a lot of difference to our tour. The breakfast was quite good. The room keeping service was just about perfect who'd ensure that the place and the room that I stayed was kept neat and clean. The living room at the ground floor has all the basic elements for someone wishing to cook their own food. Internet connectivity (at no added cost) was of great help as well at the living room.

Given that anything you touch would cost a bomb in Swiss, the acco at Susi's B&B does come at an affordable price and pleasantly fulfilling experience. You can even to para sailing out here with the help of the hotel owners.

For those who do not want breakfast included as part of their stay, you could consider cooking in your room as well and need not worry about cooking at the common living room cause, the facilities would be available in your own room itself.

In all, I would strongly recommend tSusi's B&B o anyone not wanting to splurge their money on acco and yet desiring to have a decent stay with all basic amenities at their doorstep.

• Liked — Value for money, affordable for typical middle class segment, neat and clean, cooking facility, free internet access, very close to Interlaken West train station
  • Disliked — Don't expect a 5-star treatment!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kkumar

Solo
Business
Singapore
Reviewed June 17, 2006

It is well maintained and not run down. The staff spoke English. Free parking, but limited lots.
Room: Clean and medium size. No TV, no telephone. Beds are soft – on springs. Very small cupboard for hanging your clothes.
Attached toilet/shower: small but all things were functional.
Kitchenette: functional and well stocked including salt, soya sos, rice, cooking oil, mini fridge, sink, cutlery, pots. No microwave oven.
Facilities that can be used at Lothsberg hotel (neighbor under same management): coin operated washing machine and dryer, microwave oven, telephone, TV lounge, Internet (extremely slow and not cheap)
Location of hotel: quiet place. Room has no views. 5-minute walk to supermarket and train station (West).
Interlaken: In summer, no view of snow capped mountains. For true alpine experience (U-shaped valley, waterfalls, snow capped mountains, stay at Lauterbrunnen instead).

1 Thank mrsflorencegoh
Tanunda, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Most of the room looked newly renovated especially the bathroom. Fritz the manager is as good for info as any tourist info office. Only problem was there was no breakfast included which kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a B&B. Minor concern as there is a supermarket nearby and the room has a cooktop and utensils. Accom. is a short walk to the centre of town and is located nearby the Interlaken West train station. No TV. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank Shaun R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We were two couples staying at this Bed & Breakfast in Interlaken. After a lot of searching on the internet prior to our holiday we finally decided on this one. We received a very warm welcome from the owners and all of our needs were attended to. It is not the most luxurious accomodation available, but certainly good value for money. Some of the rooms lack a bit of attention but otherwise it was most enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bangalore, India
Reviewed September 14, 2005

We had the most warm welcome in Interlaken Switzerland in the form of Fritz & Susie as our hosts in Susie's B&B (& Hotel Lötschberg, both run by them). Their personal touch in hosting their guests sets them apart from any other hotel I've seen anywhere in the world. Our room in B&B was very well furnished & very comfortable. Fritz's tips for our daily outings made our trip a most exciting & memorable experience even in difficult times of flood (which incidentally happened that time).
I'll most definitely rate this as the best place to stay if one is visiting Interlaken.

With warm regards & happy memories,
Priyo & Rai.
Bangalore, India.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank Priyobrata P
Dallas
Reviewed April 25, 2005

I chose to stay at this B&B after reading reviews on this web-site - I fail to understand how other users have given this B&B a high rating.
We stayed at Susi's B&B for 3 nights (appartment). This is one of the worst hotels/B&Bs/appartments I've stayed at.

Pros:
~~~
* Close to the train station (Interlaken West), but so are many other hotels.
* Low cost (i.e. cheap)

Cons:
~~~
* Run-down rooms, dimly lit, creaking floors
* Uncomfortable and small beds for a someone of average height/build.
* Misleading advertisement: The appartment advertised as having a kitchenette lacked a microwave, coffee-maker, and toaster.
* Fritz (the owner) always appeared to have a chip on his shoulder.
* We did not interact with Susi (Fritz' wife), but observing her attitude with another hotel guest made us glad we did not have to.
* Bathroom linens were not changed during our 3 night stay.

I would never stay at this hotel again, and would advise the reader to consider other alternatives. The saying "You get what you pay for" holds very true in this regard.

• Stayed April 2005
17 Thank Kostanza
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2005

My friend & I stayed in Susi's B&B for 3 nights in Sept 2004. It was such a fantastic place and i would strongly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Interlaken. The location is extremely convenient! It's only 5 mins walk from interlaken west station and there's migros supermarket and lots of restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and spacious. I really like the non-slippery cute little smurf mats in the bathroom. In short, i would stay in Susi's B&B if i ever get a chance to visit Interlaken again!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member