“Rip off”

China Restaurant Lian
Ranked #179 of 204 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

The service was extremely lousy at best. I was asked which rice I wanted (white or fried) with my meal which implied it came with it. It did not. It was an additional 4 chf. We also all asked for tap water. They charged us for that too. 1.5 chf for tap water!!! It didn't even come with ice!!! The food was decent although the portion's were meant for a child. The long haired hippie Asian waiter was also very awkward. It was not an enjoyable experience to say the least. Do yourself a favor and visit the Korean restaurant next door.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank chadb349

Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

Reasonable feed for the price - the service was attentive and the restaurant was reasonably busy for a quiet Sunday night. The beef dish my son ordered was rather chewy and the duck I had was reflective of the 3 out of 5 rating. The other meals were good and 5 of us ate for 140 CHF, which is reasonable for the town.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

I have never before written a bad review and 99% of the time I tip.
Tonight my family and I visited the above restaurant. The food was good and priced as I would have expected.
As the title suggests it was the service.
Initially we ordered drinks and we only got them when the waitress was reminded. By this time, thirty minutes later, my food had already arrived - oh and I asked for chop sticks. My partner's apparent dish then appeared, however tofu and not duck as ordered. Not the end of the world. My partner pointed out the mistake and the correct dish promised. Again I request chop sticks.
In my world, if you screw up you put it right immediately. The duck dish actually arived twenty minutes later after the kids and I had already finished and the chop sticks never did arrive.
The big issue I see is that this establishent caters for large groups of pre booked tourists and give little consideration to ordinary customers.
When my displeasure was pointed out, after paying, the obnoxious female manager made it clear that she did not care one bit and merely shrugged her shoulders, offering no apology whatsoever. I can only hope that the owner reads this review and does something about this disrespectful and utterly useless employee. If she was one of mine I would sack her.

Date of visit: August 2015
2  Thank poppys77
Reviewed June 11, 2015

After surviving pickpockets in Paris & Rome, the four of us (2 couple) were shocked by a 35 CHF charge for a small pot of Chinese tea. Our dinner consisted of 4 main dish along with 2 small bowls of rice & tea for 161 CHF. Chinese tea is normally served free with meals in most Chinese Restaurants.
See attached cash receipt, tea was the most expensive item.

Date of visit: April 2015
3  Thank Hubby M
Reviewed April 11, 2015

We were traveling in a group of 4 and 2 of us wanted some rice dishes. We ordered 1 order of fried rice and 1 order of chop suey for the 2 of them and we ordered a pot of Chinese tea to share (Typical Chinese restaurant will give you a pot for 4 person to share). The food was reasonably priced for the area and taste okay (around 37 CHF), but the tea cost us 35CHF. So just be aware that boiled water is extremely expensive here.

Date of visit: March 2015