“Best tasting Thai in Interlaken” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tuk Tuk Thai
Ranked #46 of 171 Restaurants in Interlaken
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tasting Thai in Interlaken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Being Australian and living in the area I missed Thai from home and tried every Thai place tripadvisor listed, this was most definitely the best tasting Thai around. Sometimes service was slow but the taste makes up for that

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Expensive!! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

His place is a great in terms of service and quality of food (not amazing but good) however the prices are crazy... One main dish can cost 26francs which i did not find enough for me.. Though note that i was extra hungry.

Tip: try the grren curry and ask the waiter to make it extra spicey.. Its pretty darn good!!

Surabaya, Indonesia
“Lifesaver in Interlaken, best Asian food in town hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My recently wedded wife and I were on honeymoon in Interlaken after we visited Barcelona and Rome. We had enough of European food and wanted something closer to home (we are both Indonesians). Our hotel, Hotel Toscana are within close proximity to this amazing restaurant so we decided to give it a try.
At EU18 for their specials (including spring roll / salad, one main entree and jasmine tea), their price is at the lighter side of Interlaken. We didn't expect much out of it since we thought anything would do at that moment as long as it is Asian food :)
But to my surprise, the quality of the food is beyond my expectation. I especially love how they seem to personally greet their guests and taking their time to be friendly. We did visit a few other Asian restaurants in Interlaken after that, but after almost getting cheated in a Chinese restaurant nearby, we just decided to stick with Tuk Tuk Thai for the remainder of our trip :)
Recommended : Chicken Satay and their Beef with black pepper or something .. they are awesome!!!

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and great service.... very well priced, we got a two course meal and tea it was really good. Lovely people.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“tasteless food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I and my girlfriend were at Tuk Tuk Thai restaurant once, we are Thai. We were in holiday. We saw the Thai flag in the front of restaurant that is the reason why we tried to have lunch here. We think we were very lucky that we can find a Thai restaurent avaliable at that time while others were closed. We feeled upset since we walked inside, the atmophere was not good. Anyway, I ordered Pad Thai and My girlfriend had Pad Kra Pow Kai (Chicken and holy basil stir-fry). We were very confused what we got in front of us. They did NOT seem to be Thai foods. My dish looked like nood stir-fry, it was able to be called Pad Thai ANYMORE. After I tasted it, it was tasteless. Her dish had only a holy basil leaf, also was tasteless. We knew the price would be expensive but we expected the good food as well, anyway, we did not get the expectation. I cannot understand why this restaurant is still running his bussiness right now. If anybody wants to try some food at this restaurent, I think it will waste your money.

• Visited September 2013