“Expensive!! ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

His place is a great in terms of service and quality of food (not amazing but good) however the prices are crazy... One main dish can cost 26francs which i did not find enough for me.. Though note that i was extra hungry.

Tip: try the grren curry and ask the waiter to make it extra spicey.. Its pretty darn good!!

There are newer reviews for Tuk Tuk Thai

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My recently wedded wife and I were on honeymoon in Interlaken after we visited Barcelona and Rome. We had enough of European food and wanted something closer to home (we are both Indonesians). Our hotel, Hotel Toscana are within close proximity to this amazing restaurant so we decided to give it a try.
At EU18 for their specials (including spring roll / salad, one main entree and jasmine tea), their price is at the lighter side of Interlaken. We didn't expect much out of it since we thought anything would do at that moment as long as it is Asian food :)
But to my surprise, the quality of the food is beyond my expectation. I especially love how they seem to personally greet their guests and taking their time to be friendly. We did visit a few other Asian restaurants in Interlaken after that, but after almost getting cheated in a Chinese restaurant nearby, we just decided to stick with Tuk Tuk Thai for the remainder of our trip :)
Recommended : Chicken Satay and their Beef with black pepper or something .. they are awesome!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and great service.... very well priced, we got a two course meal and tea it was really good. Lovely people.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I and my girlfriend were at Tuk Tuk Thai restaurant once, we are Thai. We were in holiday. We saw the Thai flag in the front of restaurant that is the reason why we tried to have lunch here. We think we were very lucky that we can find a Thai restaurent avaliable at that time while others were closed. We feeled upset since we walked inside, the atmophere was not good. Anyway, I ordered Pad Thai and My girlfriend had Pad Kra Pow Kai (Chicken and holy basil stir-fry). We were very confused what we got in front of us. They did NOT seem to be Thai foods. My dish looked like nood stir-fry, it was able to be called Pad Thai ANYMORE. After I tasted it, it was tasteless. Her dish had only a holy basil leaf, also was tasteless. We knew the price would be expensive but we expected the good food as well, anyway, we did not get the expectation. I cannot understand why this restaurant is still running his bussiness right now. If anybody wants to try some food at this restaurent, I think it will waste your money.

2  Thank Jirapas M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food was tasty & good but not great - won tons a little too crispy, pad tai a bit over cooked & served with lemon wedge when picture on the menu showed lime ( lime would have lifted the dish) but flavours generally good & we happily ate it all. When we arrived -after 8pm a young man was sat in a coat with two young children. He took off the coat to reveal a sleeveless vest top, shorts, socks & trainers - he was our waiter (I don't have a problem with casual but I prefer not see armpits in a restaurant). He was perfectly pleasant & efficient. The children were well behaved but the meal was accompanied by the sounds of truck wheels on tile - I just prefer some soft music. Watch out for the light fittings, my husband caught his head & he is under 6ft tall.