We stayed at the hotel Carlton Europe with a small group with Travelsphere.
From the moment we arrived at the friendly reception we felt that this was a well run and maintained hotel. We were even given a choice of room.
All the staff spoke English and were without exception helpful and friendly. Rooms were well appointed, spottlessly clean and beds very comfortable. Our room had a large flat screen TV with English news channels and a BBC station. Also a radio.
The restaurant areas were good, there was even an outdoor area being used during our visit. Breakfast was a good choice of Continental with hot scrambled egg and toast available. Evening meals were varied, tasty and we were offered seconds every night!
The location is good, near the Ost Station but very quiet. An easy walk into town with superb views of the Jungfrau and excellent shops. With items such as Swiss knives, cuckoo clocks etc the prices are the same everywhere.
There are three small bar/restaurants attached to the hotel but operated independently. There was a French one called Che Pierre where we had a drink on the veranda most nights. The others were Indian and a Grill House.
We recommend this hotel to anyone, staying there really made our holiday something special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Nouveau hotel "Carlton-Europe" has a very long tradition. Led by a young team which will tailor to your needs and reflect the charm of the house. After a visit to this idyllic setting, you will take a feeling of security back home. Centrally located just 200 meters from the Interlaken Ost train station on the famous Höheweg. Starting point for excursions in the Jungfrau region as well as the recreation area around Lake Thun and Brienz. Parking lots for cars (chargeable). On foot you reach the center of Interlaken within 5 minutes. The Hotel Carlton-Europe can offer the following: -Team building, motivation -Adult education -Full Catering -Conference rooms with plenty of ambience. The hotel rooms are individually renovated with own equipment. Restaurants: Ruedihus (traditional Swiss cuisine), Johnny's Gärtli (Steakhouse), Shalimar (Indian cuisine and pizzas) and Johnny's Bar Dancing. Leisure: Billiards, Table Tennis, Chess. Large hotel garden with a natural swimming pond. Central, quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carlton-Europe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Europe Hotel Interlaken
- Carlton Europe Interlaken