We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the busy season of June. For a family of 5, we had booked 2 rooms, a double and a triple room. The experience at this hotel started with the worst possible welcome (or should I say send-off) by a man who told us to "cool-down and wait" when we rang the cloak bell to call someone to the unmanned reception desk. This man turned out to be the director of the hotel! What a way to welcome your guests. They handed over the rooms 15 minutes before the scheduled check-in and made it a point to tell us that this was a huge favor! Once we entered the room, we encountered antique wooden flooring which would generate loud squeaks even if you would try to put your lightest foot forward! As the evening approached, the squeaking sound from the room above became louder and louder. This was concerning as it would wake our baby up at short intervals. The bathroom of the triple room was the smallest I have ever seen and was very dingy. The restaurants are avoidable and you can get much better choices as you walk further towards the centre of Interlaken. The only advantage this hotel has is its proximity to the main station. Saying that, Interlaken is so small that you would not be spending more than 15 minutes to reach a hotel at the extreme corner. I would recommend staying in the central part of the area that is lively and gives you a true vacation feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Nouveau hotel "Carlton-Europe" has a very long tradition. Led by a young team which will tailor to your needs and reflect the charm of the house. After a visit to this idyllic setting, you will take a feeling of security back home. Centrally located just 200 meters from the Interlaken Ost train station on the famous Höheweg. Starting point for excursions in the Jungfrau region as well as the recreation area around Lake Thun and Brienz. Parking lots for cars (chargeable). On foot you reach the center of Interlaken within 5 minutes. The Hotel Carlton-Europe can offer the following: -Team building, motivation -Adult education -Full Catering -Conference rooms with plenty of ambience. The hotel rooms are individually renovated with own equipment. Restaurants: Ruedihus (traditional Swiss cuisine), Johnny's Gärtli (Steakhouse), Shalimar (Indian cuisine and pizzas) and Johnny's Bar Dancing. Leisure: Billiards, Table Tennis, Chess. Large hotel garden with a natural swimming pond. Central, quiet location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Carlton-Europe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Europe Hotel Interlaken
- Carlton Europe Interlaken