“Very nice, great location”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Interlaken
New Hampshire
“Very nice, great location”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a very old hotel, and it is very charming. The bathrooms are modern, but the rooms are on not. We had two connecting rooms with a view of the glacier - one of the rooms had a flat screen TV, and the other had a TV from 1980. Our room with the "king" bed was actually two beds pushed together, but it was OK (the mattresses were hard!). Hotel is a 2 minute walk from the train station, and very close to all of the shops and restaurants. The pool area is very nice, and the. Breakfast buffet was great. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the he glacier and a balcony.
1 Thank NewEnglandTraveler54
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay with us as well as for the nice review.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcoming you again in Interlaken.

Your Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed in hotel during our visit to Switzerland for 2 nights.

Small rooms but good location and good breakfast and good hospitality of staff.

we left hotel leaving money in the safe. We came to know about this after reaching to Lucern.
I called up front desk about the issue. He immediately checked and called me back. He informed me that there was money in the safe which I had kept.

He sent me that by courier without any charge.

Thanks to the Manager who was in charge.

Nitin Sanghavi

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay with us.
It are reviews like these which motivate our staff in the hotel to provide you with this hospitality.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Interlaken.

San Jose, California
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I didn't get 3 consecutive days of reservation in st royal george, and hence I had to move to this hotel on the third day.
I didn't have the best of my experience with the staff here. I had to move from st royal george and I had requested for a early checkin at 12pm. The staff didn't tell me checkin even after 3pm because the room wasn't ready. We finally went in on 3:30, and the staff had no regret about making us wait. And yes, we were the first to checkin on that day. Also, the tone in which they said you should have just stayed at Royal even on the third day was not at all friendly.

Finally, we get into our room with a queen bed and it is extremely small from Interlaken standards. The rooms are so close to each other that when sitting in the balcony you will feel like you are having a double date with the couple in the next balcony.

Wifi is not free, and when I asked why it was not free because st royal had it for free, the manager started giving me reasons, that this is a really old hotel and we have contracts with swisscom, if you go to London you will pay 5 times more, again the tone had a sense of pride that our hotel is extremely old and we don't care much because you are here for only one day. Not a good reply!

Now, the good part, and why I gave this hotel 2 stars is, the swimming pool and the sauna. That was pretty good, well organized with towels, etc for immediate use.

They did give us a free shuttle to Interlaken Ost which was of great help!

Note: there is construction going on in this hotel and the stairs were closed. No disturbance caused though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

first of all I want to thank you for having been our guest.
I am really sorry about what happened and I must apologize because it is definitely not our standard to treat the guests like that.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me via email (emmanuel.huebler@lindnerhotels.ch) to consult about a compensation for this.

It would be a pleasure to hearing from you again.

Kind regards from Interlaken,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Exellent breakfast . Staff very helpful and friendly.The evening tea and coffee service was a highlight.The rooms are good comfortable .Though they are aged now ,but would say the hotel is making a good attempt to keep them updated.

Room Tip: rooms on the lower floors with balcony are recommended.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much indeed for this nice comment as well as for beeing our guest.
It is nice to read that you felt obviously well with us.
We would like to welcoming you again soon.

Kolkata,
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Really good breakfast provided by the hotel with great coffee and tea. The people at the reception were very helpful about guiding us about different train timings, tourists attractions etc. It os located well as it is very close to the station. This hotel also has a pick up and drop service.

Room Tip: Make sure the room doesn't has two single beds joined as one. Also ask for a room with a balcony...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank manish_mkj
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

it is indeed nice to read reviews like these.
We really want to welcoming you again in Interlaken.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here 15 years ago. It was elegant, immaculate and superb. Now it is dirty, run down and downright offensive. I booked 2 deluxe rooms for 3 nights. I was appalled. The balcony floors were so filthy I would not step on them. The rooms were claustrophobic. The in room mini bar did not work. There was no air conditioning. All deluxe rooms had 2 single beds with mattresses hard as rocks. The room walls were colored a dark green on which someone nailed 2 8x11 prints. It was like a jail cell. Shame on them. This is no way to run what was a superior property. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 6 and that is being generous. After checking in I walked the street and tried 5 other hotels hoping to find 2 vacancies. No luck. I was stuck and it ruined my holiday

Room Tip: Just do not come here. No good rooms
3 Thank MaryHS2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you want the "classic" hotel feel in Interlaken, then this may be your place. It is a bit spendy, so go for a corner room or something that really gives you what you want. The room was clean, but had water stains on some of the floorboards. While the feel/decor was classic, the room smelled fresh and the feel was comfortable, although a bit "cozy". The bathroom was very nice and open. The hotel is well within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

The only so-so item was the breakfast. While the selection was fine, the crowds that went through left it a mess, with their children contaminating dishes with coughs and handling. As well, the dining area was small, and quite noisy with people rushing through to probably, make their tour times. I suggest that the help replenish and monitor the dining area better or you get there really early (before families).

Room Tip: There was no A/C that I could see... only windows, so beware of flying bugs (no screens on windows)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for this comment as well as for your stay.

We want to apologize for the caused inconvenience in the breakfast area - we will take care of this.

We would have pleasure in welcoming you again in Interlaken.