Stay for 3 nights
1. Family friendly ,
2. Location is not as bad I have initially thought ( approx 12mins from Interlaken West )
3. Although the booking stated a rate for usage of WIfi , it's free
4. Breakfast is included
5. Free local bus ride tickets .
6. Access by security card via main lobby door.
1. Although the traffic is not that heavy , try to booked the rooms away from the road ( especially when your room are located on the ground floor ) . There is a glass barrier erected to segregate the public pathway / road from the hotel rooms but there is still a sense of uneasiness as you can hear the closeness of car or people walking by.
2. FYI , WiFi can be log in per user only
Note : For trip to Jungfraujoch - Suggest taking bus 105 ( which is 150m away from the hotel ) to Wilderswill Bahnhof . Cross over a road for your train to Lauterbrunen/ Kleine /Jungfaujoch . We have made a mistake of taking the bus at train station and found out later that the bus pass by our hotel . There are still many options of taking the train from the interlaken west but the bus schedule at approx 9am suit us well .
The hotel is very clean , cosy and offer a good base for trip to the popular outskirts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Derby Announces its Grand Re-opening. We have spent months renovating our establishment to meet our customers changing travel needs. We are excited for you to see the results of our hard work and the "little oasis" at the top of Europe we have created for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.