“Sumptuous but Expensive”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stumbled into this restaurant late in the afternoon, almost around 5:00 pm in the evening and my entire family was tired and hungry. The place: empty. Just being curious we asked: whether we could have a meal and the waitress and the head steward smiled: "yes offcourse" offering us their extensive menu of Indian delicacies. We ordered a lot of stuff right from Paranthas (Stuffed Indian Bread) to Paneer (Cottage cheese) with gravy, Biryani and other veggies. The joint is large but not very well decorated. But the food was great in taste and was served with a smile. Contended, happy, we thank the staff and call for the bill - well had we not been in Switzerland, I would have groaned loudly. It was enormous. Later I was able to understand that everything is pricey. But to find good authentic Indian food in a faraway land is worth the cost, specially when served at odd hours with a smile. Do visit but carry some Swiss Francs !!

3  Thank Travelbug5099

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Too expensive for the kind of ambience and service they provide. There is hardly anything called customer service, decor is third grade. I am not wasting my time here again. However the postive for them is their food, great taste.

1  Thank makhdoom115
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this restaurant after a long afternoon of adventure, cold and hungry. This being my first Indian food experience thought it was good although I did not venture out too much from a simple chicken and rice meal that was cooked with traditional Indian spices and yogurt. My wife however wasnt a novice and had a delicious meal. Both her and I thought the food was good but not great, the service was slow, and the comfort of the restaurant to be good. It wouldn't be a place we'd go back to, but still worth a try. Price for two meals was about 50CHF.

3  Thank hurley2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We took dinner there on 3 consecutive days, the food were excellent and the taste also. The WC is not up-to the mark, but as far as other restaurant it's the best in interlaken.

4  Thank pr1234
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you want to have really good indian food do not go any other place. We had recently been to this hotel on 05/05/2013 and 06/05/2013 and really enjoyed the indian food served there. We felt as if we were having indian food at our home.

6  Thank Jai_Desai1997