“Excellent, family run Swiss Chalet Hotel”

Post Hardermannli Hotel
Ranked #14 of 46 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Interlaken, Switzerland
“Excellent, family run Swiss Chalet Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2006

Brilliant 7 day stay at the Hardermannli. The rooms are clean, comfortable and attractively decorated. The lounge room has a fabulous open fire and Andreas has his cow bells and farming antiques decorating this area. Kim and Andreas are warm, welcoming hosts who are both a fund of information and helpful tips. We took the Halfboard option and the food was delicious, generous protions, great variety and friendly service. Breakfast was a real treat as they make eggs any style and it was a buffet with a good choice of cereals and organic dairy farm products. We were 9 people in all - 6 adults and 3 children. We can totally recommend the Hardermannli to both families and couples looking for a relaxing but well-run, centrally located and friendly Hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank KimCrosby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2006

My party of 4 stayed Bed Breakfast & Evening Meal for 1 week @ the Hotel Hardermannli in Interlaken, Switzerland during August 2005. The food served to us during our stay was of very poor quality and was either cold, left overs from buffets earlier in the day, of small portion size or stale. When we asked for an improvement in service we were told not to upset the staff! After receiving under cooked chicken one night we persisted & were told that we were not welcome at the Hotel & we were to eat elsewhere, which we had to do at extra expense. We took the issue up with our travel company & obtained a refund when we got back to the UK. The restaurant staff & management at the Hotel appeared not to like British tourists and complained to us that we did not speak to them in German, Italian or French! We were made to feel unwelcome and largely ignored for the last few days of our stay and received icy stares where ever we went in the Hotel. In 40 years of Holidays this was the worst establishment I have ever stayed in, with some of the nastiest staff. This was my first ever visit to Switzerland and will be my last because of the bad memories. Choose the Hotel Hardermannli at your peril!!

8 Thank keenmember
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2005

My boyfriend and I were escaping London and stayed here for 3 nights. We had a wonderful stay and found that the accommodation was perfect for our needs.

We spend most of the days exploring the alps, and while not luxurious, this hotel provided us with a clean, comfortable and affordable place to rest our heads.

The owners clearly take pride in their hotel and it’s reflected in the cleanliness of the rooms, and again by the service.

The hospitality of all (Kim, Andreas and Anna), the delicious breakfast, and the breathtaking views, truly added to a great holiday experience for us.

We would certainly not hestiate in recommending this hotel to anyone travelling to this region.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2005

We stayed two nights at this hotel in a family room (four beds) with a beautiful view from our window of Interlaken and the surrounding Alps. Located centrally in town, this is the perfect place to get around town or to the train station. There were only two drawbacks, the weather was unseasonably cool and the hotel did not provide any heating for the room. I had to go buy a small space heater for my elderly parents. Also, keep in mind that the hotel is an old chalet and therefore has no elevator (or lift) which can be a problem for older or disabled individuals.
The staff were extremely helpful and the breakfasts were nice affairs. Will plan to stay here again.

4 Thank jabmoore
uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2005

We made last minute plans for this trip and booked to stay here after reading the glowing reports. Sadly our stay was made v unpleasant by the owner. I had called the hotel on the morning of our trip to check if trains were back to normal and was assured they were, but that was NOT the case. We had to get the bus on the last leg of our journey and arrived at the hotel wet/cold at 7pm but the owner was too busy eating with his friends to check us in and there were no there staff! He kept us waiting sev minutes, then gruffly handed us the keys ,pointed to the stairs, then went back to his table. Next morning's bkfast was v basic (as was the room) so we decided to check out and find another place for the next 2 nights of our stay. Thats when he got real nasty, made racist remarks about our nationality, called us names and even refused to return our credit card for a while! Couldnt blv my ears...I have never met a hotelier like him in all my travels! We registerd a complaint about him at the local tourist info office. In my opinion he should not be in the tourism industry if he has such openly racist ideas about people! I would certainly NOT recommend this place to anyone.

6 Thank travellingdoc
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2005

I just spent a week at the Post Hardermannli. It was excellent! The view from the third floor was well worth the walk up the stairs. My room faced the Jungfrau, and I could sit on my balcony watching the colors of the glaciers change throughout the day.

The hotel staff were very friendly and informative! The also served an amazing breakfast with wonderful selections of cheeses, butter, yogurt and breads. Many of the foods came directly from their organic farm.

The resturant attached to the hotel is Italian, with a magnificant selection of dishes.

There were 16 of us from my family staying at the hotel. The prices were perfect for such a large group, trying not to go broke in Europe. The hotel was a very short walk from the Interlaken West train station and a beautiful, though slightly longer stroll from the Interlaken Ost station. The hotel was conveniently located near the canal/river which we swam in nightly. The kids even enjoyed jumping off the bridges into the river.

Just down the street from the hotel is a reggae bar that has very low cost internet access.

All in all, it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank mistmtn
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2005

We stayed at this hotel in June of 2004. My husband and I and our two boys 11 and 17 stayed in this hotel. It is hard to describe the room but it is actually sort of two rooms divided by a curtain, so my husband and I actually had a little privacy. It was not fancy but very clean and perfect to get the feel of Switzerland. I would highly recommend this hotel for a family. We did not meet the people who own it but the staff was friendly. The breakfast was also very good. We walked with our luggage from the train station to the hotel. We took a train ride to Murren to Piz Gloria/Shilthorn. We left Interlaken early in the morning, had lunch on top of Shilthorn at the revolving restaurant and then returned that afternoon. This was magnificent. They have information at the train station about taking this trip. We only had 2 days in Interlaken but we felt like we got to see so much by taking this train trip and staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2004